A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:19:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When Will The Madness End?  (Read 7008 times)
Porky
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:15:52 pm »

Shots Fired After High School Football Game

AP - 9/1/2007 5:00 PM  
TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Tulsa Police are investigating after shots were fired following a football game between two local high schools Friday night. The game between McLain and Central high schools had been over for between five and 10 minutes when the shots were fired in the McLain parking lot just before 10 p.m. Friday.

No injuries were reported.

Tulsa Police say an unknown number of people were taken into custody for questioning about the incident. Police stopped vehicles as they exited the parking lot and interviewed people in the vehicles, while a police helicopter directed a spotlight toward the ground.

McLain beat Central 56-6.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=135207
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 06:45:07 pm »

Well, without going on a rant - the madness will stop when jail becomes a deterrent again and all cultures view crime and violence as deplorable.

As it stands, neither the social stigma, loss of employment prospects, nor the inconvenience of incarceration seems to deter.  And in some circles acts of violence or criminal behavior is glorified.  Stop that, and this BS will stop.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Porky
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 07:16:45 pm »

I got a better idea CF and that is something that should of been done years ago. Ban McLain immediately from all school sports.
Chris
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 07:30:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Porky

I got a better idea CF and that is something that should of been done years ago. Ban McLain immediately from all school sports.

Why would you punish high school athletes for something they had nothing to do with?!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 09:03:07 pm »

I'm fairly ignorant of High School sports around here, is McLain  a trouble making school or does trouble seem to follow them anyway?  What kind of school is it?  Just another TPS school?

Sry for my ignorance.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Porky
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:26:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chris

quote:

Why would you punish high school athletes for something they had nothing to do with?!

For starters all the incidents that happen are on school properties. And not just McLain but other schools they travel to. Booker T and Jenks have had horrible incidents happen at their schools by these gang bangers.

People from the north side have even quit going to the games because of the harassment they endure at the hands of these punks, that the school refuses to deal with.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 07:45:08 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

For starters all the incidents that happen are on school properties. And not just McLain but other schools they travel to. Booker T and Jenks have had horrible incidents happen at their schools by these gang bangers.

People from the north side have even quit going to the games because of the harassment they endure at the hands of these punks, that the school refuses to deal with.

The likely shooter was from Broken Arrow, so we can stop the TPS bashing any time now.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070902_1_A23_spanc01606
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 08:35:05 am »

Swake, I didnt mean to bash TPS, my son goes to TPS...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
waterboy
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 09:53:33 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is crap. Just went to a tournament game a week ago at BTW and it was well attended and no problems. Security guards present. What else would you have the school do? Have gone to high school games there at night and not seen anything. McClain stadium may have more problems but these aren't high school students. Maybe high school age bangers.

Went to a tourney game at East Central on a Saturday afternoon a week ago and a carload of punks drove by and angrily yelled expletives at the crowd of mostly middle school parents as they drove by. One wonders how so much hate can be generated against people they don't even know. Maybe they hated East Central? But closing the stadiums is no better answer than not flying after 911.
Porky
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 11:41:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

The likely shooter was from Broken Arrow, so we can stop the TPS bashing any time now.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070902_1_A23_spanc01606

The only one I'm bashing is McLain and you know that.

As far as the punk being from BA, it happened at McLain not at BA Tiger field.
Porky
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 11:44:48 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

This is crap. Just went to a tournament game a week ago at BTW and it was well attended and no problems.  

Booker T is great, I was talking about McLain as being the problem. And East Central isn't much better than McLain.
waterboy
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 12:13:27 pm »

quote:

quote:

This is crap. Just went to a tournament game a week ago at BTW and it was well attended and no problems.  

Booker T is great, I was talking about McLain as being the problem. And East Central isn't much better than McLain.

Yeah, the East Central experience was a little frightening. Other than providing security or closing the school, what else can school authorities do? I think the drug problem has become so uncontrollable and so little progress made in fighting it, that you need something more than school authorities to respond.

Tulsans would like to think that it is just a north side or east side problem but all you have to do is read the morning paper and see craziness all over town. A guy with a bat smashing car windows and robbing folks in SE Tulsa is no less crazy than bullets fired at a football game out north. We should really consider public funding of re-hab centers even if the success rate is low. And instituting laws that place a cost to a landlord for knowingly renting to drug dealing operations or to retailers who knowingly buy and sell stolen goods. Cheaper than dealing with the public cost of rampant drug crime.

Or we can keep hiring more cops, building more jails, paying more for insurance, carry/conceal classes and building walls and moats around our homes.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 12:32:23 pm »

quote:

quote:

Again, the problem came from Broken Arrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org