A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:40:11 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there Mafia in Tulsa  (Read 51307 times)
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2007, 08:54:22 pm »

I want 24 blueberries in the muffins.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 08:29:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by KingMutt

I think you are afraid of the truth.  No one has told me more about Mondo's.

Or it might just be that the Aloisio family isn't mobbed up and there is no story to tell.  Go to Abruzzi's and ask Rob Aloisio if you are so interested.

There was a colorful organized crime scene with prostitution, gambling, narcotics, etc. as I remember in the late '60's and early '70's.  Any of the last names I ever read in the newspaper didn't end with a vowel.  IOW- it was more of a good ol' boy mafia.  Not an Italian mafia.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
KingMutt
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 03:16:06 pm »

There is no Abruzzi.  That was a character on Prison Break.  

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by KingMutt

I think you are afraid of the truth.  No one has told me more about Mondo's.

Or it might just be that the Aloisio family isn't mobbed up and there is no story to tell.  Go to Abruzzi's and ask Rob Aloisio if you are so interested.

There was a colorful organized crime scene with prostitution, gambling, narcotics, etc. as I remember in the late '60's and early '70's.  Any of the last names I ever read in the newspaper didn't end with a vowel.  IOW- it was more of a good ol' boy mafia.  Not an Italian mafia.

It wasn't "yous guys".  It was more "Yall"
KingMutt
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 03:38:48 pm »

I'm not going anywhere and asking anyone anything.  

But there is no Abruzzi to eat at.
Tony
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2007, 03:36:03 pm »

If you really wanna know ask Gianini Bonanno or Luciano Bonanno, or the Gambino family in Tulsa -- they are in the white pages with UNLISTED numbers. You won't see the "family" unless you run in the higher caste circles in Tulsa and you don't wanna see the "hired hands".
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2007, 03:45:12 pm »

I know Gambinos and I wouldn't consider myself higher caste and I am definitely no 'hired hand.'  However, let it be know that I will entertain offers I can't refuse.  This thread is tired.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2007, 07:26:54 pm »

There is no need to look for the bosses of the Mafia in Tulsa.  If they need to contact you they will.  Of the three tiers that are active those in the top are very affluent persons in the community.  Those at the bottom will put a rattle snake under the seat of your car.  

There is an old saying to ”Let the sleeping dog ly”.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2015, 05:00:59 pm »

Ex-FBI agent who testified in Bulger trial indicted

Former FBI agent Robert Fitzpatrick has been indicted on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice relating to his testimony for the defense in the 2013 trial of notorious gangster James “Whitey” Bulger, federal prosecutors said.

Fitzpatrick made “false material declarations designed to aid Bulger’s defense,” prosecutors said in an indictment filed in federal court.

“Fitzpatrick also made false material declarations to enhance his own credibility as a former FBI official by making false claims about his professional accomplishments as an FBI agent,” prosecutors said.

The indictment charged, among other things, that Fitzpatrick lied when he said he had found the rifle used to kill Martin Luther King Jr on April 4, 1968.

Fitzpatrick was the first defense witness for Bulger at his 2013 trial and testified over two days. He was used by the defense team to describe corruption within the FBI in Boston at the time and to try to undermine the contention that Bulger was an informant for the FBI.

He testified that in a meeting with Bulger in the early 1980s Bulger told him that he was not getting paid, that he paid others, and that he was not an informant.

The prosecutor also asked why Fitzpatrick did not inquire further when Bulger said he was bribing people. Fitzpatrick said it was because he never used the word “bribe.”

Bulger was charged in a sweeping racketeering case with participating in 19 murders during his deadly career in Boston’s underworld, along with extortion, money laundering, and weapons offenses. A jury found him responsible for 11 murders and convicted him of 31 of 32 counts.

In November 2013, he was sentenced to two life sentences in prison plus five years.

Bulger was able to operate with impunity for years as a prized informant for the FBI who had a cozy relationship with corrupt agents.

Prosecutor Brian Kelly’s attack on Fitzpatrick included grilling him about passages in a book he co-wrote in 2012, “Betrayal: Whitey Bulger and the FBI Agent Who Fought to Bring Him Down.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/04/30/former-fbi-agent-indicted-for-perjury-obstruction-justice-whitey-bulger-trial/wAnCrRwJKlWz6aM4MPdh1M/story.html

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2018, 11:56:22 am »

Convicted mobster James “Whitey” Bulger was found dead following his move from the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City.

Bulger was awaiting trials for participating in the 1981 slaying of Roger Wheeler in Tulsa and the 1982 slaying of Boston businessman John Callahan in Florida.

Bulger was moved this week from the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., to the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City, which serves as a holding facility for inmates on their way to other federal penitentiaries across the country, according to the Bureau of Prisons website.

The notorious and much-feared former Boston mob boss was killed Tuesday morning at the United States Penitentiary Hazelton in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia, multiple officials told CNN.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2018, 02:03:00 pm »

Convicted mobster James “Whitey” Bulger was found dead following his move from the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City.

Bulger was awaiting trials for participating in the 1981 slaying of Roger Wheeler in Tulsa and the 1982 slaying of Boston businessman John Callahan in Florida.

Bulger was moved this week from the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., to the Federal Transfer Center in Oklahoma City, which serves as a holding facility for inmates on their way to other federal penitentiaries across the country, according to the Bureau of Prisons website.

The notorious and much-feared former Boston mob boss was killed Tuesday morning at the United States Penitentiary Hazelton in Bruceton Mills, West Virginia, multiple officials told CNN.

Sounds like the rat got caught in a trap. Played both sides and paid the price. Now let me go get a Qtip to dry my tears for him.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2018, 03:01:36 pm »

Lol...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org