A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:19:56 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there Mafia in Tulsa  (Read 51300 times)
KingMutt
« on: August 30, 2007, 05:06:45 pm »

Hey, I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I was reading through the posts about restaurants and some guy mentioned seeing a couple at Flemings.  A hot dark haired girl and a big guy who looks like Tony Soprano.  I've seen them before too out at other places. Mainly I was looking at the girl because she is smoking hot, but that dude carries himself like "Don't F with me" without saying anything. and today I saw the guy in a big Mercedes smoking a cigar.  I don't want to sound stupid or like I am stereotyping people, but he looks like a mobster.  Now I know that doesn't mean anything, but it leads me to this question:

Is there a Mafia in Tulsa? I am originally from Cherry Hill New Jersey, and someone who looks like that man is someone I would run like hell from.  So is there a mob in Tulsa?
izmophonik
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 05:17:40 pm »

I can't say I've seen anyone like that around these parts.  I do recall the Mafia hit at Southern Hills in 1981 on Roger Wheeler but I think that was isolated.
There are plenty of trustfund kids that have grown up here.  I'm sure you ran across one that has plenty of money, a few businesses and lots of time on his hands.
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:17:52 pm »

ask whitey bulger...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
inteller
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 06:23:33 pm »

go down to Kal's Chophouse and then tell me if you think there is mafia in Tulsa.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:31:17 pm »

A friend told me Kal's closed the day after the golfer left.  I haven't been down Lewis to check the rumor out.  Anybody have input as to it still being in business.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Aa5drvr
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 07:46:06 pm »

Concrete
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:47:45 pm »

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:09:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aa5drvr

Concrete

So true.

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 09:36:32 pm »

There may not be a Santa Clause but they are invisible among us.  Their rule is “Don’t tread on us”.  You cannot profile them but it is presumed that Wheeler disregarded their motto.  Remember the reporter for the Tribune that wrote about the meeting in the motel?    

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 09:53:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Aa5drvr

Concrete

Many cities our size and larger it's trash collection and landfills, but coin-operated vending (money laundering) was big in NE OK for years.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Der Teufel
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 01:43:50 am »

I originally wrote about this couple in my post on best restaurants.  Kingmutt is correct, the woman is extremely attractive, and the Sopranoesque man is a little intimidating. My wife and I have seen them at some of Tulsa's better eateries.

However, regardless of who or what this couple is or is not, mutt does bring up an interesting question.  Is there organized crime in Tulsa, aside from the Roger Wheeler incident?
Aa5drvr
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 03:34:38 am »

This isnt the couple that frequents BBD at 81st and Harvard on weekends is it?
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 06:58:11 am »

Thread worthless without pictures.  [Cheesy]
Der Teufel
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 07:49:02 am »

OT  Where is the best Italian eatery in the area?
Der Teufel
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 07:50:08 am »

OT  Where is the best Italian eatery in the area?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org