A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:22:46 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there Mafia in Tulsa  (Read 51935 times)
Copperhead
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 11:35:31 pm »

Were I a politico who's been knocking down 146K a year, plus a few perks here and there, [Wink] or maybe just a lucky schmuck in my business dealings - some to cover others - we'd invest our ill gotten gains - aka cash - in our bestest buddies big ole roundy-rounds - them things make sh*tloads of cash too - so now lots more cash we've got!  Our cash goes bye-bye off-shore to visit our other cash!  Taxes?  Taxes on what?  Cool deal Lucile?

Oh, we've got really cool deals, but letting it show be a real No, No.  We visit at our social club - Celeb's Only - or where da money runs, but them ponies don't!  It's just Our Thing! R we mob'd-up? . . . well of course not!  R we organized?  Yep, and it been working for years right here in River City! [Cheesy]  Oh, and the voters R the real schmucks! [|)]
Hometown
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 11:46:49 am »

My father lived outside of Dallas next to an attorney for the Securities and Exchange Commission.  She was from Chicago and had done some work in Oklahoma for the SEC and when the conversation turned to Oklahoma she said she had never been anywhere as corrupt as Oklahoma.  But she was talking about our fine upstanding citizens.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 01:27:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

My father lived outside of Dallas next to an attorney for the Securities and Exchange Commission.  She was from Chicago and had done some work in Oklahoma for the SEC and when the conversation turned to Oklahoma she said she had never been anywhere as corrupt as Oklahoma.  But she was talking about our fine upstanding citizens.

Makes sense why our political and legal systems are so corrupt then, eh?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
KingMutt
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 01:37:31 pm »

Not being from here, I don't get all of the inside jokes, but I do get an idea of what a lot of you are posting.

But no one has really answered my question:

Is there an Italian-American mafia here in Tulsa?

If so, are these people who owned a restaurant just south of Kal's for years a part of it?

Is the guy I described in my first post, who I was told is related to them, a part of it? If not who the hell is he?

If there is not, why don't you think the Mafia ever came to Tulsa?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 01:41:41 pm »

No mafia in Tulsa....Now there have been some people who conduct there criminal activity like the mob.....There is really no money for the real mob here, no gambling (that they could get there hands into)....Not to mention they would stand out to much....And they also know Okies don't take any ****...heh....Too much risk too little reward.....The closest you would find any to Tulsa would be Frontenac Kansas and that was years ago.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2007, 02:07:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by KingMutt

Not being from here, I don't get all of the inside jokes, but I do get an idea of what a lot of you are posting.

If so, are these people who owned a restaurant just south of Kal's for years a part of it?

Is the guy I described in my first post, who I was told is related to them, a part of it? If not who the hell is he?

If there is not, why don't you think the Mafia ever came to Tulsa?

I don't know what restaurant you are referring to south of Kal's unless it's Mondo's, and I never heard anything about the Aloisio family being in the mob.  If they came from Sicily, maybe past generations were involved.  Other than that, it would be pure speculation.

Anyone know if Abruzzi's (Rob's latest venture) is still in business?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mr.jaynes
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2007, 02:40:59 pm »

Back in the 1980s, I'd been party to a discussion about how La Famiglia some small representation in Green Country, specifically in Muskogee and Catoosa, though why in those places, I'll never know. May have had something to do with the presence of a port and a waterway.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2007, 03:19:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

The closest you would find any to Tulsa would be Frontenac Kansas and that was years ago.....

Barto's ?

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
USRufnex
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2007, 03:39:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by KingMutt

No.  But I suppose it's possible there are still a handful of people and businesses with "connections" but they don't really publish a directory... hmmm, from Cherry Hill, NJ to Tulsa, OK?... witness protection program? [Wink]... I remember as a kid hearing about the Dixie mafia or Southern mafia?!?

But the Italian-American mafia?  The biggest story I ever remember was from over 25 years ago... but that was a hit by the Boston Irish mob and Whitey Bulger...
 http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangsters_outlaws/mob_bosses/james_whitey_bulger/4.html
quote:
...millionaire Roger Wheeler was shot to death in the parking lot of his country club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Wheeler, the chairman of Telex Corp. and the owner of World Jai Alai, had come to suspect that the Winter Hill Gang was skimming profits from World Jai Alai's Connecticut offices, and he was threatening to blow the whistle on Bulger and company. A month later, millionaire Roger Wheeler was shot to death in the parking lot of his country club in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Wheeler, the chairman of Telex Corp. and the owner of World Jai Alai, had come to suspect that the Winter Hill Gang was skimming profits from World Jai Alai's Connecticut offices, and he was threatening to blow the whistle on Bulger and company.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HFI/is_6_52/ai_75622962

So, no more Kal's???..... wanted to go there for grins but never made it... no more Pizzaria Uno either...

Dang... it was bad enough when my favorite pizza place as a kid closes down...  Godfather's Pizza -- "the pizza you can't refuse"...... now this?!?  [:O]

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2007, 03:55:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Vision 2025

quote:
Originally posted by Breadburner

The closest you would find any to Tulsa would be Frontenac Kansas and that was years ago.....

Barto's ?

Heh.....

mr.jaynes
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2007, 04:17:08 pm »

Oh yes, and there was this girl from my high school years, who was a friend of friends of friends of mine (very indirect), whom I knew in passing (I say in passing, since I attended my high school years at East Central, while she lived in South Tulsa and obviously attended school on that side of town). By name and appearance she was definitely Italian-American, as well as very attractive, definitely pampered and in want or need of nothing. I did however meet her father, who was in business with her uncle, and with the way they carried themselves, as well as their New York/New Jersey accents, you'd swear they were goodfellas. And you know, if they weren't, they had to be connected somehow.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2007, 04:34:51 pm »

There was a restaurant in town called Joe Vigg's in the early 1990's.  The guy's name was Joe Vigliarolo.  When I was in there, he had some memorabilia on the wall.  One of the items was a "Vigliarolo Brothers Concrete" shirt from Brooklyn or wherever he came from.  Wouldn't have surprised me if he or someone in his family was "connected."

Copperhead
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2007, 06:59:49 pm »

Prior to his death in 2006, "Ripe Tony" Civella, KC's mob boss, and others reportedly laundered money by investing in the ownership of carnival rides, amusement games, some coin operated, some not, and other cash type amusement venues.  These investments provided great returns, especially since these are totally cash businesses, cash which quickly losses its identity, thus making tracing its origin virtually impossible.  Some carnivals operating on the East coast have long had such silent partners as well, and some suspect shipments of stuffed toys raised some red flags with the drug busters. [:O]

Additionally, due to their repetitive mobility, it appears some traveling carnivals have provided safe haven and employment for some very bad folks dodging the law. . . hey Whitey, I meant Bo-Bo! [Shocked)]

IRS is aware of these "business ventures," but have found it extremely difficult to track all the cash, most of which goes to foreign safe haven banks.  But not so long ago agents did succeed in collecting several million on "undeclared" income locally, [V] and as of this day the public corruption aspect of the cases languish, as time ticks on - who knows where these may lead, but likely it will be the proverbial who comes to the foot of the cross first, lets make a deal ending. . . only time will tell, not me! [xx(]

It can be said, some politicos should not be sleeping well at all, and not just locally either. [B)]  

Seemingly based on some "local activities," a joint task force has been working the cases for over ten years, including some rather suspicious over limit campaign contributions and "straw donor activity."  Enough said - see'ya in the funny papers. [^]
Der Teufel
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2007, 06:38:18 am »

KingMutt, are you not being a bit obsessive?  Even if there were a mafia here, would they draw attention to themselves?
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2007, 11:17:36 am »

And...  
If any of us knew of anyone 'connected', would you expect us to name them on a public forum?  I type best with 10 fingers.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org