A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:34:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thursday @ Utica Square - Free!  (Read 3630 times)
TulsaJayhawk
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:20:31 am »

The better half and I go to a lot of different entertainment events around the area, from the big Broadway musicals, concerts and orchestra presentations to catching rising stars like singer Annie Ellicott and going to small dramatic plays.

Last year, one of the most pleasing and surprisingly excellent events was free at Utica Square.  This Thursday, it repeats.

The Brady Orchestra somehow magically recreates the complete Beatles sound that took the originals months to do in studio with all sorts of electronic aids.  At 7 p.m. this Thursday in Utica Square, you can hear Abbey Road and Sgt. Peppers come alive in a very authentic manner.

I have no connection with the event other than being a fan in awe.  If you can stand the heat, come join the masses who will delight in pure musical magic.  You won't believe how good it will sound!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:27:08 am »

Hello Jayhawk. Long time no see.

Thanks for the reminder. I think we will try to make it out this Thursday.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:53:50 am »

The Brady St. Orchestra was the best "Fifth Night" they put on last year, IMO.  Thanks for the reminder.  I've been out of circulation for a week or so.

I just hate how dreadfully hot the parking lot gets during August.  Get there early and get a shady spot on the west side of the area.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:16:41 pm »

BE THERE[8D]
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:09:34 am »

I'm so there.  I was considering going out anyway just to do some crowd watching, add some Pepper's and you can't keep me away!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:47:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I'm so there.  I was considering going out anyway just to do some crowd watching, add some Pepper's and you can't keep me away!

Add some Sgt. Peppers and I'm there.

I'll be easy to spot in the crowd: graying short hair, goatee, 6', Sagitarius.  Oh yeah, almost forgot, I'll be the guy with a cooler and lawn chairs.

Please stop by and say hi.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaJayhawk
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 08:28:31 am »

According to another message board I frequent, tonight's concert by The Brady Orchestra will be augmented by a real string section this time and will be completely reprised Friday at 7 in London Square.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 09:48:29 am »

Any idea if Terry Cooper will be on guitar with them this time around?

TulsaJayhawk
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 10:28:56 am »

I do know that Terry Cooper will be playing because he got a friend of mine into a rehearsal. Whether or not he'll play something other than guitar is not known to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org