A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:55:40 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow 2007 Focus  (Read 6656 times)
dsjeffries
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 07:37:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

I think they need to do to cherry street kind waht they did to brookside. Clear on-street parking, center medians, etc. Traffic can tend to be a bit speedy in that area.

I'd like to see traffic reduced to two lanes and dedicated on-street parking instead of the current, often dangerous, parking situation.  It would help calm the traffic and reduce speeds.  I'd like to see some four-way stops along 15th, too.  It'd also help reduce speeds and would enhance pedestrian safety.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 09:58:36 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DScott28604

quote:

I think they need to do to cherry street kind waht they did to brookside. Clear on-street parking, center medians, etc. Traffic can tend to be a bit speedy in that area.

I'd like to see traffic reduced to two lanes and dedicated on-street parking instead of the current, often dangerous, parking situation.  It would help calm the traffic and reduce speeds.  I'd like to see some four-way stops along 15th, too.  It'd also help reduce speeds and would enhance pedestrian safety.

I think making Cherry St two lanes(no medians, they would interfere with parades and bike runs on Cherry St)between Utica and Peoria with directional diagonal on street parking with clearly defined crosswalks denoted with pedestrian flashers and crosswalk focused lighting at night would work very well with minimal costs. I don't think there should be any stop signs or signals between Utica and Peoria, however.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 07:45:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:
Originally posted by DScott28604

quote:

I think making Cherry St two lanes(no medians, they would interfere with parades and bike runs on Cherry St)between Utica and Peoria with directional diagonal on street parking with clearly defined crosswalks denoted with pedestrian flashers and crosswalk focused lighting at night would work very well with minimal costs. I don't think there should be any stop signs or signals between Utica and Peoria, however.

okay, no medians but I just want traffic slowed down.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org