A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:29:50 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ? For T.P.D.....  (Read 4947 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« on: July 30, 2007, 06:35:39 pm »

What is a "Pedestrian Check"........?

MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:31:14 pm »

When officers see someone on the street and want to talk to them for some reason (the reason could be anything), they will check out on a pedestrian check. These just tells dispatch that they are out of their vehicles at a certain address.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:32:22 pm »

Thank you......

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:16:14 am »

Read:  "Hottie at Harvard and 11th, I'm going in for a closer look."

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:38:23 am »

Turn off the scanner..
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:56:47 am »

No scanner here.....Just had a couple of officers in the neighborhood the other night after dark 30 and wondered what was going on....So I checked Tulsa Police.Org and it said pedestrian check....Most all other calls are easy to figure out.......

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 10:07:00 am »

They are targeting you breadburner.

You had better stop your meth production operation and tell your prostitutes to work elsewhere for a while. Tell Al Quaeda to contact you at the safe house and make sure and burn all the betting slips from that NBA ref.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 11:01:08 am »

If they are targeting me they are waisting their time.....Been some serious goings on over here lately....Just trying to stay informed.....

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 11:03:00 am »

Ok, I've been wanting to post this for a while now... I guess this is as good (bad) of a place as any.  RM's post reminded me of this obit I ran into a while back and shared with some friends. Now, I share it with you.
- - - -

Dear god, I can only hope my obituary reads like this.  I do not really know who Jörg Immendorff is (was), but I do not care.  The man is now a hero.  Some people are impressed if it says "Sir so and so" or has a list of accomplishments.  But no, this takes the cake.

"Immendorff was discovered naked having his nipples licked by a retinue of seven young filles de joie, while 11 grams of cocaine lay ready for consumption on a Versace ashtray nearby."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/news/2007/05/31/db3102.xml

The game is over, he wins.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 04:44:25 pm »

If he's a pedestrian in a city where everyone drives cars, he must be guilty of something [Shocked)]

Well have to change that if the "walkable city" is to be more than just lip service.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org