A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:15:22 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You have the ability to go back in time...  (Read 6487 times)
booWorld
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 09:59:54 pm »

Three years ago, some of us had hopes of saving the Skelly Building from destruction at the hands of World Publishing -- but to no avail.  World Publishing demonstrated their power to all of Tulsa by trashing their art deco building for about 13 seldomly used parking spaces and an absolutely precious statue of a young Paul Williford (or a Williford wannabe).  We were expecting 12 parking spaces, but I think World Publishing was able to provide 13 spaces.  Lagniappe!

If I could turn the clock back about 10 years, I'd try to save the Cadillac Building from implosion.  The memory of hearing those explosives inside my house several blocks away -- it rattles me a decade later.  Tulsans continue to destroy their own historical buildings.
waterboy
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 09:02:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by booWorld

Three years ago, some of us had hopes of saving the Skelly Building from destruction at the hands of World Publishing -- but to no avail.  World Publishing demonstrated their power to all of Tulsa by trashing their art deco building for about 13 seldomly used parking spaces and an absolutely precious statue of a young Paul Williford (or a Williford wannabe).  We were expecting 12 parking spaces, but I think World Publishing was able to provide 13 spaces.  Lagniappe!

If I could turn the clock back about 10 years, I'd try to save the Cadillac Building from implosion.  The memory of hearing those explosives inside my house several blocks away -- it rattles me a decade later.  Tulsans continue to destroy their own historical buildings.

And its our leading institutions that do it. Churches, Newspaper, TCC.... They now all have plenty of parking.

Your Williford note is funny. The destruction of the old Cadillac building was not. I also miss the Ford and Chrysler dealer buildings. You just can't landscape a church or school parking lot enough to make up for their loss.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org