A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:14:16 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Hotels  (Read 23595 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2013, 03:55:38 pm »

Concealed carry may not have stopped it, but the odds would have been much greater than none to 1.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2013, 02:04:31 am »

Small spot with a fine point ball point pen.  Tiny little dot that is extremely not obvious.  And move the position around.

Staying an a Lequinta in Fayetteville this weekend and figured I would give this one a try.  Made my mark, tossed the card on the pillow, went and did my thing.  Came back and check, sure enough, mark was gone.  I've got some more stays at other hotels in my future, so I'll see what happens.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2013, 07:27:05 am »

At $125 a night, I don't think clean sheets every day is too much to ask for.  If I want to sleep in "used" sheets, I can do that cheaply at home or in an RV.  I could live with that for several days, typically.... besides, I want to get used to the kind of lifestyle I can have when I get to the 1% stage of life.  Fresh sheets every night!  Merry Maids cleaning every day.  Private chef....well, I guess that would actually be me....   Maybe a chauffeur??  Oh, yeah...I need a gardener, too!!

That's a lot of water and energy being used every day to wash hotels linens that probably doesn't need to be spent.
A lot of hotels (even nicer ones) are starting to post a policy that they will not change your sheets or towels unless you loss them on the floor.
You know, for the environment.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2013, 04:42:58 pm »

That's a lot of water and energy being used every day to wash hotels linens that probably doesn't need to be spent.
A lot of hotels (even nicer ones) are starting to post a policy that they will not change your sheets or towels unless you loss them on the floor.
You know, for the environment.

You may be right...I know that I am so clean as to be OCD about it...there would never be a need to change sheets after I stay somewhere...that right there would save a lot of energy!!   For the environment...!

Based on home water and energy usage - I would estimate that it costs me less than 30 cents to wash a set of bed sheets - counting my time as worth $15.00 an hour.  If they can't do the same or better in volume (purchase of supplies, labor, etc), then I suggest they start looking for another business, 'cause they ain't gonna make it in that one....

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:48:42 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2013, 05:56:49 pm »

You may be right...I know that I am so clean as to be OCD about it...there would never be a need to change sheets after I stay somewhere...that right there would save a lot of energy!!   For the environment...!

Based on home water and energy usage - I would estimate that it costs me less than 30 cents to wash a set of bed sheets - counting my time as worth $15.00 an hour.  If they can't do the same or better in volume (purchase of supplies, labor, etc), then I suggest they start looking for another business, 'cause they ain't gonna make it in that one....

They always change sheets between guests!
http://www.ahla.com/Green.aspx?id=24954
http://www.greensuites.com/Environmentally-Friendly-Hotel-Programs/Project-Planet-Program
http://greenhotels.com/index.php

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2013, 09:35:04 pm »

I sincerely hope so!

That last site was talking about how they reduced water usage by 2 million gallons a year by firing the chef!  He ran several sinks with water to defrost food.  There is so much wrong with that on so many levels....(using water to defrost.)

My biggest peeve related to water waste is how high the flow is on so many hotel showers.  Most now use a valve that controls temperature only, while having a fixed flow rate.  And that flow rate is invariably way too fast!!  Like walking into a water-jet cutting machine!!  They could save half or more on shower water usage just by reducing the flow to a better, slower rate!  Or at least use an adjustable valve so there is the possibility to reduce the flow.

I am all about conservation and being "green".  I have read that the average daily water use per person in the US is over 100 gallons per day.  Whew!  That is horrible!  Not sure if that is factoring in industrial uses or just home use - at the very least it must include lawn watering.  I have arranged the infrastructure in my life so that I average under 150 gallons a week (outside of the hotel stays where I can't control shower speed).  ALL uses!  I don't water grass.  Biggest areas of change are in waste and showers (1 per day - at least).    Save the Planet!!

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2013, 10:30:53 pm »

low flow?!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org