A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:51:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) The Metro/Tribune Lofts Expansion  (Read 69234 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2012, 10:59:49 am »

The courtyard pool is looking good...taken 1/11/12 from the Main St bridge:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:05:02 am by SXSW » Logged

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2012, 01:09:18 pm »

the bottom floor of this building looks to be set up for retail...anyone know if that is true?
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2012, 02:21:20 pm »

the bottom floor of this building looks to be set up for retail...anyone know if that is true?

Yes
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2012, 12:33:39 pm »

Yes

I thought a laundry mat and convenience store were going in down there?

Are any of the retial spots leased out yet?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2012, 12:43:33 pm »

The Brady streetscaping project hit the construction news web site this morning. If I could figure out how to put the overall plan on here I would.  Looks like it spans from Boston to Elgin and includes Brady and Archer.  Mainly appears like it will be tree wells on the side walks, angled parking, and I would assume bricked or partially bricked sidewalks.  Perhaps if SXSW is an isqft subscriber he can figure out how to post this for the rest of you.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2012, 04:14:55 pm »

Good looking pool but not apparently compliant with ADA regulations which go into effect this year unless they plan a portable lifting device.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2012, 04:25:11 pm »

Good looking pool but not apparently compliant with ADA regulations which go into effect this year unless they plan a portable lifting device.

Nice.  Whoever said government regs were costing small business was certainly lying.  Roll Eyes

Is that going to be required of every public pool or is there a grandfather clause?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2012, 06:33:25 pm »

Is that going to be required of every public pool or is there a grandfather clause?

Grandfather clause may or may not happen.  I was visiting the former home of Vice President John Nance Garner which is now a small museum in Uvalde, Texas.  Access to the second floor was closed to everyone because there was no elevator, only stairs.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2012, 07:35:11 am »

There is no lift in the pool at the Y but the one-legged woman gets in and out of it just fine.

(I know it sounds like the setup for a joke, but it's not this time)

I would argue that a great percentage of the people who require a lift to get into a pool, would also lack the ability to use the pool once in it.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2012, 08:03:11 am »

There is no lift in the pool at the Y but the one-legged woman gets in and out of it just fine.

I would argue that a great percentage of the people who require a lift to get into a pool, would also lack the ability to use the pool once in it.

Whoah there.  Don't be trying to apply logic and common sense to federal regulations.  ;-)

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2012, 10:23:10 am »

What does use of a pool entail? I would argue that all of the below are (some of the but not all of the potential) pool uses:
drinking
drowning
flailing about
floating
urinating
sinking
soaking
splashing
swiming
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2012, 10:24:42 am »

I suspect that requirement will shutter most every public pool in Tulsa if there's no grandfather clause.  I know Lortondale struggles to open every year as well as the 5300 club in the same neighborhood.

Grizz- when I was reading your post I was reminded that back when Lee's bicycles was at 81st & Memorial on the NW corner, there was also a paintball supply store in the center.  The two handicap spots were in front of the bike shop and paintball store.  Somewhat ironic, don't you think?

ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2012, 07:53:13 pm »

I am part of a trail riding club (motor cycles,quads,horses,mountain bikes and hiking)that manages land to ride upon; we had to put in HC parking.
Recently the state paid us a visit and told us to fine grade up to the edge of the sidewalks and grind the stumps in the camping area or paint them white.

jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2012, 03:37:38 pm »

It makes me so happy that this project is done and no longer a featured thread.  Go us!

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org