A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:58 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) The Metro/Tribune Lofts Expansion  (Read 69211 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2011, 10:11:42 pm »

Thanks!  I also am a booster, not 'sipping on hatter-aide', as I'm told the kids are saying these days.  Whenever I find myself typing something negative, I stop and think "Nah somebody might consider it trolling".

Trust me, we kids do not say "hatteraide." Grin
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2011, 09:35:29 am »

8/28/11
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:38:40 am by SXSW » Logged

ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2011, 04:44:15 pm »

Thanks for the pic SXSW. Exciting stuff in the Brady right now!
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2011, 06:32:44 pm »

So, those of you that are familiar with this project know that the spaces across the street to the north are being used as a construction landing pad for materials and office space.   Both of the lots being used have projects planned for them.  Well, as I biked by there today, I noticed that they have moved almost everything over into the southeast lot (the future condo building site).  All that seemed to be left was a small container of what looked like scrap and a container.  The office trailor and building supplies had been moved.  Sooooo, Let's get going on that Fairfeild Inn!

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2011, 10:55:14 pm »

Paging Will...

I saw these today on the way to Stillwater. They look really good, and it and the Tribune Building tower over everything in the Brady. One thing I noticed tonight on the way back from Stillwater was how lit up downtown is at night. Most of the skyscraper lights wre turned off but this was more than made up for by all the neon lighting up the buildings, as well as the fireworks going off at Oneok Field. It really just looks like an exciting neighborhood at night.
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2011, 10:18:31 am »

So, as of yesterday, I saw a new construction trailer across the street from what will be the new hotel.  I'm stoked!

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2011, 04:09:58 pm »

Paging Will...

He's on his honeymoon, it might be awhile.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2011, 02:25:33 pm »

They're scraping the parking lot where the new hotel will go. It's mostly gone. Hooray for one less surface parking lot.

DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

They're scraping the parking lot where the new hotel will go. It's mostly gone. Hooray for one less surface parking lot.

Yep.  Lot is fenced off and parking lot has been ripped up.  Big time.  I always hold my excitement on projects until activity starts taking place.  From my window overlooking the Brady District, currently under construction are the Metro at Brady Apts., the new hotel, the Matthews Warehouse museum, the park across the street, and the Central Parking garage just south of the tracks.  Also, even though its not visible, the Archer Market should be underway.  There is still equipment where the Griffin Communications building will be, but I don't think the actual studio construction will begin anytime soon.  Am I missing anything?  I'd really like to see something start happening near the ballpark with some of those old warehouses or the new apartments that have been proposed for just south of the stadium.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2011, 05:18:14 pm »

Yep.  Lot is fenced off and parking lot has been ripped up.  Big time.  I always hold my excitement on projects until activity starts taking place.  From my window overlooking the Brady District, currently under construction are the Metro at Brady Apts., the new hotel, the Matthews Warehouse museum, the park across the street, and the Central Parking garage just south of the tracks.  Also, even though its not visible, the Archer Market should be underway.  There is still equipment where the Griffin Communications building will be, but I don't think the actual studio construction will begin anytime soon.  Am I missing anything?  I'd really like to see something start happening near the ballpark with some of those old warehouses or the new apartments that have been proposed for just south of the stadium.
I don't think the Market is underway yet. The light's always on in there and there's been no signs of progress. On another thread Blake said it'd be a quick job to get that space ready to open.

I wonder how close that park is to completion. It's hard to tell. They've been digging holes for months. They ripped up Brady a few weeks back and then repaved it, I'm assuming to connect the geothermal pipes. But the park itself still looks like a giant mess.

At the rate they're running excavators, it's gonna be awhile before all that pollution is offset by the geothermal's pollution savings.

HeyMambo
Citizen

« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2011, 09:56:42 am »

KOTV started moving dirt this week! The new studio construction has begun! They have also started drilling piers for the new hotel and the Ah-ha building as well.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2011, 10:12:32 am »

Ah-ha building?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2011, 10:40:16 am »

Ah-ha building?

Just can't resist this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914[/youtube]

OK, sorry..back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2011, 11:51:30 am »

Ah-ha building?

Dat would be the Arts and Humanities Counil Building. Besides, I thought we renamed it HVAC. Grin

I'm glad to hear that all these long planned buildings are finally under construction! I can't wait to see what this little enclave of downtown looks like in a couple years.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2011, 02:50:03 pm »

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org