A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:14:51 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) AH HA / Mathews Warehouse  (Read 93060 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 10:23:35 pm »

The image links are pointing to Tulsanow.org instead of .net.

Here are the pictures:
http://www.tulsanow.net/forumpics/livingarts3.jpg
http://www.tulsanow.net/forumpics/livingarts4.jpg
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 02:00:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Great... making the side of the building that faces the parking lot the "front" and the side that faces Brady the "back". What a fantastic suburban design for our "urban" downtown "contemporary" arts center.

The front of the building should be on Brady. Make  the parking lot the back.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 02:34:55 pm »

Is the side facing Brady not going to have an entrance?  I would be disappointed if it really was just "the back."  Pretending that the Brady side would be the actual entrance would be a joke, since in driving Tulsa everyone will come from the lot... but I'd like to at least have the street side look nice.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 02:40:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

quote:

Great... making the side of the building that faces the parking lot the "front" and the side that faces Brady the "back". What a fantastic suburban design for our "urban" downtown "contemporary" arts center.

The front of the building should be on Brady. Make  the parking lot the back.

As I understand it, it is really two buildings and multiple functions. The museum faces the parking lot due to the location of visitor parking. Retail frontings are going to be on brady, I believe.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 03:15:31 pm »

Has this started yet or is the architect still working on the design?  BTW, who is the architect for this project?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 11:16:24 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Tulsa is fortunate to have Kaiser and countless others who have donated money for things every one can enjoy in this city.  I think this is a great use for the Matthews Warehouse.

Per Urban Tulsa, Kaiser has 45 MILLION shares of BOK stock, currently trading around $52 per share.

His philanthropy won't make him broke anytime soon.

You can't be a philanthropist if you don't have any money.

Rico
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 07:57:49 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

High-res elevation picture

High-res site plan

15,000 square feet will be used for the recently announced philbrook expansion. A
majority of the remainder will be used for art lofts, gallery space and other mixed uses. The floorplans above is not final.

Estimated Cost: $10M ($3.4M Construction)

If you have project details or images you want posted to the forum, you can email admin (at) tulsanow.org and we will post it.

Are there any updates on this project.?

It would seem they should be doing something by now.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 08:50:15 am »

I think they are due to start construction in late 2010 or in 2011. Though the "happy spin" will have you believe its earlier...kind of like the 41st park supposed to be done in Sept. They all know danged well when its going to be done, yet the TW and or the spin on these things is always sooner than the real projected date. I dont know why they just dont tell us the truth or why the TW publishes wrong time schedules?  

I believe the design plans have been finally approved, so would like to see how its actually going to look. The renderings you have were early "general impressions/sketches".

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 09:06:24 am »

To make it interesting the building is being handled by two seperate architectural firms. The Kaiser/Gilcrease side by one firm and the AHCT side by another. The AHCT is gearing up for it's fundraising drive for renovation costs. They just got their borad set up, potential benefactors discussed, etc.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 12:14:49 pm »

Honest question - why would there be a rendering and announcement three full years prior to the beginning of construction?  Was it to raise funds?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 12:51:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd

Honest question - why would there be a rendering and announcement three full years prior to the beginning of construction?  Was it to raise funds?

I believe that was to help get the building purchased.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 01:13:08 pm »

I've heard people talking about the Kaiser foundation picking up property around the Brady and Boulder area and that it is somehow related to this project. Anyone have the scoop?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 01:28:45 pm »

Here's how it goes:

The "Warehouse" is technically several buildings glued together.

Kaiser bought roughly 1/3rd of the space (the west end) and is going to use it to house the $50M collection that was donated to Gilcrease and they have no room for.

One block north the Griffin's bought land where they are putting a new Channel 6 building. The only block in-between is a truck yard. Kaiser and Griffin bought this land and will turn it into a park in 2012 or 2013.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 01:44:47 pm »

Damn that Kaiser and his gifts.
FOTD
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 02:02:58 pm »

quote:

Here's how it goes:

The "Warehouse" is technically several buildings glued together.

Kaiser bought roughly 1/3rd of the space (the west end) and is going to use it to house the $50M collection that was donated to Gilcrease and they have no room for.

One block north the Griffin's bought land where they are putting a new Channel 6 building. The only block in-between is a truck yard. Kaiser and Griffin bought this land and will turn it into a park in 2012 or 2013.

Cigar had his foot in the door.....it needed to be one project. Did Cigar ever complete his other lofts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org