A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:32:49 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) AH HA / Mathews Warehouse  (Read 93074 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: July 19, 2007, 09:54:01 am »

Originally planned as the refurb of single building half a block in size, this project now includes a new structure taking up over 1/4 block to house The new Arts & Humanities Council Hardesty Arts Center (AH HA) as well as the Zarrow Center for Art & Education (Set to open May 2012) and gallery expansion space for to house Philbrook's $50 Million Eugene B Adkins art collection.

Map:

AH HA Rendering:

Philbrook video of the project:
http://vimeo.com/25086366

Below you will find the story of this project as it goes from announcement to construction and beyond.

-Modified by Admin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original renderings and details:

High-res elevation picture

High-res site plan

15,000 square feet will be used for the recently announced philbrook expansion. A
majority of the remainder will be used for art lofts, gallery space and other mixed uses. The floorplans above is not final.

Estimated Cost: $10M ($3.4M Construction)

If you have project details or images you want posted to the forum, you can email admin (at) tulsanow.org and we will post it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:17:14 pm by Admin » Logged
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 12:35:53 pm »

How many square feet in the remainder?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 01:18:51 pm »

Someone told me yesterday that the building was around 80,000sqft and about 65,000 was defined for one use or another, leaving 15,000sqft of Huh
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 01:42:52 pm »

Tulsa is fortunate to have Kaiser and countless others who have donated money for things every one can enjoy in this city.  I think this is a great use for the Matthews Warehouse.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 06:36:08 pm »

Holy Cow, look at all the growth on the development page! River development, the Ol Lady, Tribune lofts and Living Arts center and a possible ball park!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 08:20:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Tulsa is fortunate to have Kaiser and countless others who have donated money for things every one can enjoy in this city.  I think this is a great use for the Matthews Warehouse.

Per Urban Tulsa, Kaiser has 45 MILLION shares of BOK stock, currently trading around $52 per share.

His philanthropy won't make him broke anytime soon.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:19:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

Per Urban Tulsa, Kaiser has 45 MILLION shares of BOK stock, currently trading around $52 per share.

These folks always seem to get a return on their investment, too bad that's not the case for the taxpayers of Tulsa.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 07:50:56 am »

Again Double A, NOTHING to do with the current thread.  Show me where the Philbrook expansion is going to use public money, then perhaps you can bring it.  At which point, you have to show how it is a loss of tax payer money.

Seems to me, even if it is using public money, a museum is a proper roll of government.

"I hate museums!"

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 11:17:55 am »

quote:

quote:

Just a complete shot in the dark, but I don't think Kaiser-Francis Oil Company is hurting these days either.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 12:39:31 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just a complete shot in the dark, but I don't think Kaiser-Francis Oil Company is hurting these days either.

UTW said they gross 1.4M a day.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 01:14:54 pm »

Gee whiz, that's only $511 mil a year.

I'd go into that business, but who can afford a pay cut these days?  What, with Tulsa's crappy economy and the Dow so far in the tank...

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 03:51:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

quote:

These folks always seem to get a return on their investment, too bad that's not the case for the taxpayers of Tulsa.

Buy some BOK stock thats what stocks are for. Working for a business isn't supposed to make you any real money. If your working for someone your supposed to be making them money. One way around that is to start your own business or own stock.  I was always told by my parents as a kid that you cant make money working for other peoples businesses, you have to work for yourself. Plus, work smart and hard, doing just one won't get you anywhere.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
inteller
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 07:00:05 pm »

the two surface lots make me want to puke....parking decks please.
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 08:02:57 am »

Links to high-res images (courtesy of the Arts & Humanities Council) added at top. The east end of the building (top left of the site plan) will be changed for the philbrook/adkins museum.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 09:29:28 pm »

A picture is worth a thousand words. Too bad there aren't any.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org