A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:27:56 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) AH HA / Mathews Warehouse  (Read 93059 times)
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2011, 08:03:19 pm »

So,  I have seen so far is the work on the warehouse and the lot to the east.  The new construction is slated to be on the southwest corner.  As yet they haven't touched it.  I'm just wondering what the holdup is.  Are they waiting ont the parks geothermal wells to finish?

That said, they started putting i beams in to create part of the entrance on the matthews side.  Pretty exciting.

Also, can we keep the heating and cooling puns to a minimum.  there are children on here.  Smiley (not really)

Actually, I might be a child, depending on your cut off age. Wink

As for the rest of your post, I have also wondered why no work is being done on the new building. Anyone know?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2011, 06:58:28 am »

Also, can we keep the heating and cooling puns to a minimum.  there are children on here.  Smiley (not really)

No.  We cannot.  They are just too punny to pass up.

(Children should not be allowed here!  It gets too rough for their tender ears!  {Joking - they hear much worse at school...!})

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
HomeStyle
Tourist

« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2011, 01:42:59 pm »

This is having a chilling effect on the topic.

"...Oh, you were finished? Well then, allow me to retort..."
jacobi
Brain owner
Philanthropist

« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »

I went by on ym bike to school this morning and they ARE doing the earthwork on the southwest corner of the building now.

ἐγώ ἐλεεινότερος πάντων ἀνθρώπων εἰμί
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2011, 02:12:00 pm »

Awesome news! That means they must've just started within the past few days. I am SO excited to see this building rise up.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2011, 02:15:45 pm »

rise up.

..gather 'round, rock this place to the ground?
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:33 am »

They've taken the second half of the building down to the cement floors and supports.  I'm assuming the facade must be coming soon.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2011, 03:34:41 pm »

Most of the holes have been filled in and the dirt leveled in the geothermal park across the street. They must be getting somewhat close to completion.

ex-riverman
Citizen

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2011, 08:21:33 pm »

An update:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/arts/music/woody-guthrie-gets-a-belated-honor-in-oklahoma.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »

Bravo.  Was wondering what they were doing in that part of the building.  Knew some people who knew, but they weren't saying lol.  Gonna be some really neat stuff in the Brady here soon, and several "neat stuff" at that.  This town SO needs it lol. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2011, 08:30:25 am »

Can't beat national coverage like that.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2011, 08:33:08 am »

Can't beat national coverage like that.

I wish it had been more positive instead of "One of the racist, backwards, stuck in the 50's flyover states is finally coming into the 21st century and recognizing one of their own."
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2011, 09:12:33 am »

It's all good....Tulsa is changing for the better....don't hate the Tate. This will do more for the Brady than the Areama.....for a lot less money.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2011, 09:27:30 am »

I wish it had been more positive instead of "One of the racist, backwards, stuck in the 50's flyover states is finally coming into the 21st century and recognizing one of their own."

Ah well . . . it IS the NY Times.  What else are they gonna say? 

Also:  I'm actually stoked that one of the racist backwards stuck in the 50's flyover states is finally coming into the 21st Century and recognizing one of its own.  It's about damn time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2011, 09:30:22 am »

Ah well . . . it IS the NY Times.  What else are they gonna say? 

Also:  I'm actually stoked that one of the racist backwards stuck in the 50's flyover states is finally coming into the 21st Century and recognizing one of its own.  It's about damn time.

I noticed our local paper caught up with the story today.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org