A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:15:21 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redesign of Gilcrease Museum  (Read 3250 times)
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« on: June 13, 2019, 07:28:04 am »

I dug through the forum but couldn't find anything on this topic, so apologies if this is repeating anything! I've never started a forum topic, but got too excited not to for this because it we (SmithGroup) have been pushing real hard to get into the Oklahoma (more so Tulsa) Architecture realm. Pairing with One Architecture will make this a very exiting and thoughtful project!

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/pair-of-architecture-firms-to-lead-million-redesign-of-gilcrease/article_e49abacb-f91a-5837-ae4e-da3bb793dc79.html
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:08:12 am »

This is a great project, are there any other renderings available?

D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:42:35 am »

This is a great project, are there any other renderings available?

Currently there are none. This win is as new to us as it is to the public. It was a nice surprise to us yesterday! Especially considering the rest of the competition. This is very exciting stuff and I know that the team can't wait to get to work!
D-TownTulsan
Activist

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 06:57:36 am »

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/michael-overall-what-the-bible-museum-tells-us-about-the/article_a02cfe3b-c1c5-58c8-8dbd-080170e2583e.html
Ya'll are probably way ahead of the game with the Tulsa World, but I don't have a paid subscription, so I gotta use my monthly views very sparingly. That being said, excuse my excitement about this one! I actually did not work on the Museum of the Bible, as I'm more in the Higher Education and Corporate studios, and museums fall under our "Cultural" studio. But I can appreciate this project in respect to the historic preservation side of things.

Personally, I get a little worried when a big architecture firm throws their weight around on the little guys, and considering this is really the first project we have in the City of Tulsa, there is a lot of pressure there to make this right. I know the team that does the museum work is solid and will pay a ridiculous amount of detail  and knock it out of the park. They aren't they typical designers "who know better" than the client.

Apologies for the over the top "GO TEAM SMITHGROUP" write ups from me, it's just always been a goal of mine to be able to work on a significant project in my home town, and it is actually happening!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org