A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:35:08 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) Brady Theater Redevelopment  (Read 29659 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: July 19, 2007, 09:48:03 am »

Matrix plans on adding a new facae as well as a mixed-use expansion to the east where surface parking exists now.

Estimated Cost: $22M ($17M Construction)

If you have project details or images you want posted to the forum, you can email admin (at) tulsanow.org and we will post it.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 01:59:21 pm »

Isn't the surface parking south of the current structure?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 02:50:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Oil Capital

Isn't the surface parking south of the current structure?

I think it's south and west of the brady, but it's been awhile since I've been there.
DM
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 03:31:39 pm »

quote:
well as a mixed-use expansion to the east where surface parking exists now

Wait a minute? Did you say they were going to build on the surface parking lot?? Can they do that? Where will everyone park? Is this the beginning of a downtown that is full of buildings instead of surface parking lots? I am placing a call to my city councilor. This is ridiculous! [Tongue][Tongue]
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 03:44:14 pm »

They are tearing down the BOk building for surface parking for the Brady and the City Hall at One technology Center FKA WilTel.

No fears., parking for all!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 06:27:15 pm »

I like it, it compliments the structure rather than detracting like the current entrance does. I love going to concerts and events in the Brady and now the foyer will have air con!
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 08:21:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by DM

quote:

Wait a minute? Did you say they were going to build on the surface parking lot?? Can they do that? Where will everyone park? Is this the beginning of a downtown that is full of buildings instead of surface parking lots? I am placing a call to my city councilor. This is ridiculous! [Tongue][Tongue]

I heard, bubt not positive, that the expansion includes this new thing called "structured parking."
inteller
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:47:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by DM

quote:

I heard, bubt not positive, that the expansion includes this new thing called "structured parking."

only problem is structured parknig at the brady will need to be monitored security at all times because some brady shows really bring out the thugs.  I was thinking at the Stone Temple Pilots and Orbital concerts....lots of riff raff loitering outside who couldnt get a ticket...
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 10:15:44 pm »

Maybe it's time to cover the railroad tracks with parking garages to help muffle the noise.

The Lorton's own the land between the tracks and the Brady. I think. Anyway, they could build it for profit.....
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 06:47:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by DM

quote:

only problem is structured parknig at the brady will need to be monitored security at all times because some brady shows really bring out the thugs.  I was thinking at the Stone Temple Pilots and Orbital concerts....lots of riff raff loitering outside who couldnt get a ticket...

If they couldn't get a ticket, they might not be able to get a parking spot either. Parking garages don't have near as many problems as open lots.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 09:24:08 pm »

OK, what's the deal?  I just heard that the Brady's contract with the current management company is done after November...and if the owner doesn't find another mgt company, "it will probably get boarded up" (in the words of a current employee).  That doesn't sound like "closed for renovations."

Do anybody have any scoop on this?  What's going on with the Old Lady?  I love this venue!  Lyle Lovett, kd lang, Bonnie Raitt...they all complimented this amazing theater and thanked Tulsa for keeping it alive.  So what gives?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 08:30:48 am »

I decided to cut to the chase:

quote:
Sorry to bother you with such banter, but I also run a small business and I realize the detriment a misguided rumor can have.

I have heard from several people and now read on an internet thread (I know, I know...) that the Brady may be forced to close due to management issues.  Instead of participating or contributing to the gossip I thought it would be wise to ask someone who may actually know - or at very least know more than "this one guy who worked there."    Some excitement was building about the announced renovations and this seems like it could place a damper on it.

Again, sorry for (probably) wasting your time, but far better to actually hear whats going on that participate in gossip.

- (me)

To which the Management rep responded:

quote:
I can’t really comment on that right now, but I will say this: you’ll notice there are no shows scheduled past November and you’ll notice that Road Work Entertainment (our promoter) is doing several shows through this year and well into next at other venues.

Johnny Buschardt
Road Work Entertainment LLC
The Historic Brady Theater

Which I indeed noted, but I am not familiar enough with the concert release habits of the Brady to draw such a conclusion.  So there ya have it, looks like bad news indeed.  

Perhaps they saw this coming and planned the renovations to take place WHILE they are seeking a new promoter.  Or perhaps they need the renovations to attract a new promoter - I understand that's what Cain's did.  I'd love it if someone expanded on this for me and contacted someone affiliated with the owners (please reference it as a rumor, while correspondence is public by virtue of sending it, I'd hate to get this guy in trouble for what little he pointed out).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 09:58:36 am »

Isn't that source a local comedian?

Not that he doesn't know what he is talking about...I just saw one of his shows and thought he was funny.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 10:31:44 am »

I don't know about that, he is the listed contact on the Brady's website and titled as the "Management Director."  Seemed like the guy to talk to.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 10:37:43 am »

From a friend of mine,

"not sure about the brady, we were working on a big remodel project about a year ago, but it's gone now, not sure what happened to it"

(Edit)

From another friend..."typical, dec is a slow month"  "dec-mar would be remodel time"

I trust both of these guys but they couldn't give me anything firm.  I hope it still goes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org