A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:07 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesomely Bad Tulsa Architecture  (Read 12726 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2009, 06:48:15 pm »

Makes sense on a barn...

There appears to be some deferred maintenance on this structure.  Local codes will probably require the owner to tear it down and put in surface parking. (for cows)

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 09:46:18 pm »

There appears to be some deferred maintenance on this structure.  Local codes will probably require the owner to tear it down and put in surface parking. (for cows)

I prefer to think of this as character. 

Trust but verify
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 08:02:39 am »

I'm afraid that structure has an illegal second story added to it.  Also, since it is a place of food preparation the wooden materials will have to go.    Additionally, it has come to my attention that food was served in this establishment (albeit to animals) and it appears it can serve at least 35 at one time.  Thus, we will need at least 73.2 parking places.  This structure has none.

A developer recently offered to buy this structure and turn it into a $1.2 Billion high density mixed used development, with 2 levels of retail/restaurant, a 14 story hotel, a 26 story office tower, and a complex of 4 story LEED certified condos all attached to subterranean parking,  with rail service to downtown and 100% private funds.  The developer has even talked Google into moving 1,000 employees to the complex and the new Governmental Motors will build a new manufacturing facility employing 1,500 on adjacent property. 

However, the historical society wants to preserve the original structure, the neighborhood has rallied against the zoning ordinance, the city counsel wants to add a new assessment tax on mixed use properties, the fire department has demanded the structure be able to submerge itself in a moat, INCOG has questioned the need for so many new jobs, neighboring communities don't want the additional traffic, the property owner has decided the property is worth no less than $1.3 Billion, and State government has decided only pro-sports franchises qualify as Quality Jobs.

None of that really matters though, the Tulsa Development Authority has purchased the land and decided it should hold the property for a few more years to see what comes around.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 08:23:29 am »

I'm afraid that structure has an illegal second story added to it.  Also, since it is a place of food preparation the wooden materials will have to go.    Additionally, it has come to my attention that food was served in this establishment (albeit to animals) and it appears it can serve at least 35 at one time.  Thus, we will need at least 73.2 parking places.  This structure has none.

A developer recently offered to buy this structure and turn it into a $1.2 Billion high density mixed used development, with 2 levels of retail/restaurant, a 14 story hotel, a 26 story office tower, and a complex of 4 story LEED certified condos all attached to subterranean parking,  with rail service to downtown and 100% private funds.  The developer has even talked Google into moving 1,000 employees to the complex and the new Governmental Motors will build a new manufacturing facility employing 1,500 on adjacent property. 

However, the historical society wants to preserve the original structure, the neighborhood has rallied against the zoning ordinance, the city counsel wants to add a new assessment tax on mixed use properties, the fire department has demanded the structure be able to submerge itself in a moat, INCOG has questioned the need for so many new jobs, neighboring communities don't want the additional traffic, the property owner has decided the property is worth no less than $1.3 Billion, and State government has decided only pro-sports franchises qualify as Quality Jobs.

None of that really matters though, the Tulsa Development Authority has purchased the land and decided it should hold the property for a few more years to see what comes around.

Uhhh. I just see uhh....a barn.  Huh

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 08:43:20 am »

good one cannon!...I chuckled at Governmental Motors.

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org