A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:10:29 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pothole damages  (Read 2550 times)
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« on: July 01, 2007, 11:39:32 pm »

With the recent heavy rains, more and more potholes and popping up again just as they did during the ice and snow storms this past winter.

Well, I was headed northbound on 75 exiting to go east on I-44 and as I was on the on-ramp, the largest, deepest pothole I have ever seen caught my eye a little too late for me to avoid it and I ended up running over it, bending my aftermarket rim really good.

So I heard a thing on the news that the city will fix this sort of thing. Is this true? Do I just need to file a claim against the city? How do I go about doing that?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 07:11:27 am »

No, you're pretty well screwed.

You can call the city to be sure, but I've never heard of such a thing.  The only reason the city would fix it is because they have some PR campaign I havent heard of or if they were "negligent" in their maintenance to such an extent the judge sets aside their immunity.  As you stated, with the ice storm and now all the rain - they can not hope to keep up.

Do what I did when I blew out a tire at the on ramp of 36th North and 75... go buy a new one and hope things get better.

sorry.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Phireman
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 08:09:11 am »

I hit the same pothole June 17th.  Didn't blow out the tire but did slightly bend the rim on my MX-5.  Our tax dollars are really working for us.

[V]
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:12:37 am »

I keep hearing that if you call them they usually get to the potholes very quickly. They may not know its there unless someone calls.  Kinda like the crime topic we have been talking about. People complain about a rash of crime in an area then if you ask them how many have reported it, nobody says they have.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
AMP
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 08:16:51 am »

A police car crashed off into a ditch last night near Lynn Lane and Admiral after hitting the giant pot hole under the I-44 bridge.  Same bridge that dropped giant chunks of asphalt down onto the road last month.

City repaired pot holes near our office a few months after I reported them.

With all the recent rain and the current water logged saturated soil and roadbeds I doubt they can do much proper repair until the sun cooks off the mositure.
Wilbur
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 08:26:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TurismoDreamin

With the recent heavy rains, more and more potholes and popping up again just as they did during the ice and snow storms this past winter.

Well, I was headed northbound on 75 exiting to go east on I-44 and as I was on the on-ramp, the largest, deepest pothole I have ever seen caught my eye a little too late for me to avoid it and I ended up running over it, bending my aftermarket rim really good.

So I heard a thing on the news that the city will fix this sort of thing. Is this true? Do I just need to file a claim against the city? How do I go about doing that?

The City wouldn't be responsible for the simple fact they don't maintain that highway.  You might have better luck (although, I doubt it) with the Oklahoma Dept of Transportation, who maintains the state's highways.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org