A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:59:00 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...Rise in crime around Cherry Street?  (Read 13983 times)
izmophonik
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 09:34:09 pm »

Interesting revelation.  I have a friend in your neck of the woods on Madison Ave.  When I get enough money piled up I'll find a place in Maple Ridge.

AMP
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 10:20:23 pm »

Petty crime today seems to have no boundries.  Thieves broke into the concession stand at the Speedway in the very small bedroom communitiy of Caney, Kansas last weekend and stole $2,500 of new PA equipment we had just purchased a month prior.  That included two mic mixers, CD Players, Electronic Cords, Wireless Microphones and receivers, Amplifiers and cables.  

Week prior to that a car was broken into in the parking lot during the races.  Thieves stole various items and the car stereo out of the dash.  

So this current crime spree seems to be active even out in the rural areas as well as in the cities.
deinstein
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 03:51:47 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by izmophonik

Interesting revelation.  I have a friend in your neck of the woods on Madison Ave.  When I get enough money piled up I'll find a place in Maple Ridge.

I live in a studio apartment.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 11:46:16 pm »

I lived at 17th and St. Louis about 4 years ago.  Beutiful neighborhood, but plenty 'o crime.  Lots of late night runs from the other side of the BA. Also, a few tweeker tenants at times.  Some of those buildings have some crook landlords so they don't keep the good tenants long.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 11:52:31 pm »

If it is so obvious that these are all people making "runs" from north of the highway, why don't they just park a cop at Peoria, Utica, and Lewis at the highway?

Yeah, I know, thats not how the police work.

I also wonder if it could just be one guy, or a small group of the same people, doing all of the pillaging since they have not been caught.

AMP
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 12:18:18 am »

Crime, even in the bedroom community of Jenks America ? ? ? ?

http://www.kotv.com/e-clips/?id=7195

AMP
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2007, 12:26:36 am »

Never know about crime sprees, could be one or a dozen.  Used to be if a parent learned of their kids doing something wrong they punished the kids until they confessed of their wrong doings.  In today's society, many parents are worse than their kids or into crime together as a family.  

Hard to determine what is happening if there are no Adults involved, some may be of age physically but not mentally.  

Interesting update on the Caney Speedway burglary.  I was there today and saw how the thieves made the breaking an entering.  Simply kicked the doors open from the outside.  But in doing so they left a perfect print of the bottom of their right shoe on two doors.  You an almost make out the letters embossed on the logo of the shoe, as well as the pattern of the mold of the sole.  And of course the length and width is a perfect match.  

Kind of a Cinderella type deal at this point.

Who owns that brand of shoe?  

AMP
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2007, 12:35:44 am »

Should be a new law written where all Pawn Shops be required to take digital photos of all merchandise pawned and post those photos online on Photo Bucket dot com  All newly pawned merchandise should be listed on a Searchable database by brand name, model, serial number.  And by the City State Zip of the Pawn Shops.  

Then anyone that comes up missing posessions could at a glance check out the new inventory of pawned goods and identify their stolen posessions if they were pawned,  much eaisier.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2007, 01:01:04 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AMP

Should be a new law written where all Pawn Shops be required to take digital photos of all merchandise pawned and post those photos online on Photo Bucket dot com  All newly pawned merchandise should be listed on a Searchable database by brand name, model, serial number.  And by the City State Zip of the Pawn Shops.  

Then anyone that comes up missing posessions could at a glance check out the new inventory of pawned goods and identify their stolen posessions if they were pawned,  much eaisier.

I totally agree about pawn shops.  There needs to be a system.  Im sure once you start talking about databases of purchases, people will start *****ing about "Big Brother" - but all bets should be off at a Pawn Shop.  Im not sure how you verify the legitimacy of re-sale if you don't also keep track of original sales.

Perhaps the digital photograph should be taken of the person bringing the item into the shop.  Link that photo with that serial number, while also requiring the pawn shop to match a photo ID of that person, and record his ID linked to that transaction.  I bet crooks would be a little less inclined to bring a car stereo into a pawn shop if they had to show a valid ID, and have themselves linked to it by photo in a database.

There would be other ways around it, but that would get rid of a majority of stupid and lazy criminals.  The really smart, dedicated ones will be the only ones left (Using fake IDs, selling stuff on Ebay, whatever it took)

And I'm not one big on high taxes, but Pawn shops are the very bottom of society.  Why not put on exorbitant tax on transactions which are probably 50% of the time involving stolen items.

jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 10:49:37 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070726_1__Tulsa05523&breadcrumb=Breaking%20News

Rat bastard cherry street thief caught by a citizen.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 10:55:07 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

quote:
Originally posted by AMP

I totally agree about pawn shops.  There needs to be a system.  Im sure once you start talking about databases of purchases, people will start *****ing about "Big Brother" - but all bets should be off at a Pawn Shop.  Im not sure how you verify the legitimacy of re-sale if you don't also keep track of original sales.

Perhaps the digital photograph should be taken of the person bringing the item into the shop.  Link that photo with that serial number, while also requiring the pawn shop to match a photo ID of that person, and record his ID linked to that transaction.  I bet crooks would be a little less inclined to bring a car stereo into a pawn shop if they had to show a valid ID, and have themselves linked to it by photo in a database.

There would be other ways around it, but that would get rid of a majority of stupid and lazy criminals.  The really smart, dedicated ones will be the only ones left (Using fake IDs, selling stuff on Ebay, whatever it took)

And I'm not one big on high taxes, but Pawn shops are the very bottom of society.  Why not put on exorbitant tax on transactions which are probably 50% of the time involving stolen items.

Sorry I missed this post before.  It's brilliant.  As far as tax, pawn brokers charge exhorbitant interest rates of their honest customers.  I don't really get the point of the tax, but making their "buys" part of public domain would really put a crimp in the legal "fencing" system it's been for far too many years.

Just like needing to have a title accompany every vehicle to the scrapper, instead of just ones under 10 years old.  My truck will be 10 next year and the idea of some creep stealing it and crushing it makes me sick.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org