A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:29:30 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Built a Better Light Bulb  (Read 5835 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: June 27, 2007, 11:34:53 am »

quote:

The Continuum 2.4, from UK company Ceravision, has a theoretically infinite lifespan. A microwave emitter excites the gas in the "bulb" without any physical contact and reaches 50% energy efficiency, versus 15% for a fluorescent tube and a paltry 5% for an incandescent bulb.

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/06/ceravision-cont.html
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:40:50 am »

This solves many of my problems.

I want to buy some of these light bulbs.

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 09:28:01 pm »

“The lightbulb. People said what’s with the lightbulb? I said here’s the story. And I looked at it, the bulb that we’re being forced to use, number one to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you. The light is the worst.”

Trump blamed energy-saving bulbs for making him look orange. Experts say probably not.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/13/trump-blamed-energy-saving-bulbs-making-him-look-orange-experts-say-probably-not

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 10:44:19 pm »

“The lightbulb. People said what’s with the lightbulb? I said here’s the story. And I looked at it, the bulb that we’re being forced to use, number one to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you. The light is the worst.”

Trump blamed energy-saving bulbs for making him look orange. Experts say probably not.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/13/trump-blamed-energy-saving-bulbs-making-him-look-orange-experts-say-probably-not

Lay off the spray tan moron.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org