A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:52:05 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 neighborfest  (Read 1225 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 19, 2007, 09:09:50 pm »

I went to the neighborfest tonight at Clark Park out in East Tulsa. It was very nice.

All the regulars were there. Councilor Dennis Troyer was there with his regular crocs footwear, the Mayor was one of the last to leave and was wearing her t-shirt promoting her anti-hunger campaign, state representative Jeannie McDaniel was working the crowd, and a couple of dozen city groups were there passing out propaganda.

The fire department smokehouse and the theatre group improv troupe were clearly the hit, but I saw a lot of give-aways and prizes distributed. My son won one of the prizes as usual (I swear the kid can win every contest). He also got a prize for winning the hula hoop competition.

I enjoyed meeting the new police chief. He stayed and talked to each person and made sure that there was a large amount of officers from that east station mingling as well.

I counted a total of 168 people, a little smaller than last year, but it was not the best night and there was a threat of rain and a free night Quik-Trip at the drillers as competition. Last year there were also a bunch of judge candidates and supporters working the crowd.

I enjoyed free soft drinks and ice cream from Borden's and was surprised at the crafts my kids made.

The next one is in three weeks at Lacy Park.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org