A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:11:19 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And you thought Tulsa TV News was Bad:  (Read 2966 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: June 17, 2007, 06:09:04 pm »

This is about the funniest dig on Oklahoma I have ever seen. Oklahoma City's news stations are just out of control crazy.

Jon Stewart's take on OKC's Gary England, and Jim Inhoff. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC1UHTKrVrY
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 07:04:58 am »

That whole thing was funny. A tornado just ripped your storm shelter door off but Gary England will make it better...
grahambino
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 08:45:14 am »

personally im glad Channel 9 KOTV made that commercial, because in living in Oklahoma we all know that tornados can strike anywhere without warning. Any time of the day a tornado can & WILL get you.  It doesnt care what youve done or who you are.  All the tornado wants to do is destroy you & your children...especially your children.  Wait...what's that noise!?
T Badd
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:33:49 am »

Hilarious. Reading the pages of comments on YouTube, it seems that some Okies took offense to the segment. That somehow makes it even funnier to me. As usual, Jon Stewart FTW! I love the way he acknowledges that a local station weather commercial had better production values than his own show.

"alright baby, listen to Gary England. He's going to let us know it's O.K."

Edit: Seems that the folks at KWTV have a good sense of humor about the whole thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf3rcT-gu-Y
mr.jaynes
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 11:58:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by T Badd

Hilarious. Reading the pages of comments on YouTube, it seems that some Okies took offense to the segment. That somehow makes it even funnier to me. As usual, Jon Stewart FTW! I love the way he acknowledges that a local station weather commercial had better production values than his own show.

"alright baby, listen to Gary England. He's going to let us know it's O.K."

Edit: Seems that the folks at KWTV have a good sense of humor about the whole thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf3rcT-gu-Y

For a local commercial in any television market, that was pretty good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org