A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:50:48 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QuikTrip Expansion at 21st and Harvard  (Read 66090 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2009, 11:49:16 am »

FYI:

Recently while at this store I noticed that they did not install protruding lights, as many of us thought they had in violation of the PUD.  Instead they had merely not installed the ceiling yet.  The lights are now flat with the awning and don't seem to disburse light nearly as badly as before.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2009, 12:33:07 pm »

FYI:

Recently while at this store I noticed that they did not install protruding lights, as many of us thought they had in violation of the PUD.  Instead they had merely not installed the ceiling yet.  The lights are now flat with the awning and don't seem to disburse light nearly as badly as before.

They did indeed change out the non-conforming lights with flat ones a week or so ago.

It seemed COT Inspections had a flawed understanding of "shielded" when the drop-lens 'Scottsdale' lights initially went up.  The manufacturer sells those lights with an option which consists of extending a small part of the reflector behind the refractive lens to steer more light in one direction.  Since the manufacturer referrs to that option as a "shield" city inspections was interpreting lights so equipped as being "shielded".
Since shielding refers to performance rather than manufacturer's claims, the Scottsdales were no-go since their light was spilling copiously over their property line into drivers eyes and residences.

CF beat me to the punch, but I was waiting for them to clean the construction up a bit before posting a much more flattering photo than the earlier one with the protruding lights. 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org