A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:26:05 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "It's not right", shouted the weeping Hilton.  (Read 15432 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 12:55:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

First it's Anna Nicole Smith and her death that captured the attention of the country, alternating with Britney Spears' divorce proceedings from Kevin Federline; throw in Lindsay Lohan's problems with alcohol and various other celebrity scandals, and basically, we have something that takes our attention off the more important issues in the world. I've yet to find out how these things are more important than war in the Middle East, rising gas prices, the President's relationship with the new Congress, etc, but I guess what they say is true: Sensationalism sells.

My 20 year old stepdaughter can't tell you anything about the immigration bill other than: "I think we should let them all in so that they can use our healthcare" [B)]  I'm not even sure if she knows who the Prez. and Veep are.

But she can probably tell you what Paris Hilton was wearing when she was sent to jail.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
breitee
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 01:08:11 pm »

Lock her up and force her to serve her FULL sentence! That's what the rest of us would have to do.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 01:34:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by Lister

I read the article on Yahoo. I particularly loved this part..

"Hilton's twisted jailhouse saga began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night hamburger run."

That girl has never seen a hamburger!

She was picking up 1 white castle.

Those burgers at White Castle are the real Islamic plot against the United States
mr.jaynes
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 01:50:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lister

I read the article on Yahoo. I particularly loved this part..

"Hilton's twisted jailhouse saga began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night hamburger run."

That girl has never seen a hamburger!

Expect her to write a tell-all book about her stint in jail (which might get made into an ABC Movie of the Week), a 3-picture deal with some major Hollywood studio, a few more TV commercials, and maybe even host the season premiere of "Saturday Night Live." I suspect she'll try to cash in on this, everyone else has.
grahambino
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 02:29:47 pm »

what I find funny is she's made Martha Stewart look like a bada**.

mr.jaynes
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 02:51:56 pm »

In fact, I fail to see how any of ther sensationalistic tabloid tidbits emanating from Hollyweird should be considered actual NEWS.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 08:31:09 am »

To add a tinge of discussion to this thread... I think I would be in favor of halving her sentence for some ridiculous amount of money.  Say, $250,000 a day or more.

The city would be better off with the money in all reality.  Use it to pay for better public defenders to help other law breakers or whatever.  As much as I would like to see her punished, the community would probably be better off letting her go with a monstrous fine.

Though my sense of justice is a bit offended by that.  So I dont know... just a thought.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 11:54:14 am »

New rule, every press entity who wants to photograph or otherwise document anything about a prisoner pays the city per incident. We could put her in a plexiglass cell even. Like a zoo. But for dumber animals.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 01:05:45 pm »

I've yet to acertain just what-besides being the heiress to a hotel fortune-her actual talent really is (and no, I'm not referring to that home movie she made a few years back), or her legitimate claim to fame.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 02:38:49 pm »

Wealthy always beats talent in pop culture's version of rock-paper-scissors.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 06:19:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Wealthy always beats talent in pop culture's version of rock-paper-scissors.

And of course, she is the type who can get into all the high-class nightclubs in New York, LA and South Beach with little or no effort. Some have "it" and some don't, and she clearly has "it."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 09:34:21 am »

Poor little Paris.  I read yesterday that her talent agency has dropped her.  I thought you had to have a talent before you got listed with one of these agencies.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mr.jaynes
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 02:42:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Poor little Paris.  I read yesterday that her talent agency has dropped her.  I thought you had to have a talent before you got listed with one of these agencies.

So true. Her hosting on "Saturday Night Live" as well as her supporting role in "House of Wax" and her forays into the music scene  reveal her as posessing questionable talent, and beyond the Hilton name, just what does she have going for her?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org