A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:06:45 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "It's not right", shouted the weeping Hilton.  (Read 15431 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: June 08, 2007, 01:34:19 pm »

All Paris...what a script.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070608/ap_on_en_tv/paris_hilton

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 01:48:06 pm »

Call the friggin' waaahmbulance.

She should have been spanked more as a child.  I'd volunteer to do some retroactive spanking.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:38:33 pm »

Shaw-skank Redemption.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:39:16 pm »

Thanks for that fantastic image Conan. [Tongue]

As much as I hate to give this succubus attention, I'd love to see her back in prison.  I want to see her cry out in "my money can't get me out of this one" agony.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Lister
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 02:50:18 pm »

I'm in total agreement. I hardly ever agree with Al Sharpton, but he was dead on the money with his commentary on this.
Lister
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 02:53:49 pm »

I read the article on Yahoo. I particularly loved this part..

"Hilton's twisted jailhouse saga began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night hamburger run."

That girl has never seen a hamburger!
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 03:07:27 pm »

If one of us were in a similar situation, we'd serve every day of our sentence.  

Money doesn't talk.  It shouts.

Ed

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 10:16:18 am »

What I don't understand about this is that there seems to be no public demand for stories about this girl.  I know all sorts of people, and none of them want to hear about this girl, yet even "respectable" news outlets like CNN devote hours of coverage to this story.  I think the media gets off on stories like these because they're more gossip-y and fun than real news, and then they blame the public for wanting to know about it.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 11:42:40 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Lister

I read the article on Yahoo. I particularly loved this part..

"Hilton's twisted jailhouse saga began Sept. 7, when she failed a sobriety test after police saw her weaving down a street in her Mercedes-Benz on what she said was a late-night hamburger run."

That girl has never seen a hamburger!

She was picking up 1 white castle.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 01:02:40 pm »

I think in terms of her sentence, she got off leniently enough-some people would do at least 6 months to a year.
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 02:37:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsa1603

What I don't understand about this is that there seems to be no public demand for stories about this girl.  I know all sorts of people, and none of them want to hear about this girl, yet even "respectable" news outlets like CNN devote hours of coverage to this story.  I think the media gets off on stories like these because they're more gossip-y and fun than real news, and then they blame the public for wanting to know about it.

And they distract the nation from the real issues, like how the current government is ruining the country.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 03:25:16 pm »

Paris Hilton blathers about how this isn't right, and perhaps nobody ever told her that she was subject to the same laws the rest of us are-only she got off much lighter than she should have. Spoiled little brat!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 07:36:44 am »

That's hot.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 11:34:20 am »

First it's Anna Nicole Smith and her death that captured the attention of the country, alternating with Britney Spears' divorce proceedings from Kevin Federline; throw in Lindsay Lohan's problems with alcohol and various other celebrity scandals, and basically, we have something that takes our attention off the more important issues in the world. I've yet to find out how these things are more important than war in the Middle East, rising gas prices, the President's relationship with the new Congress, etc, but I guess what they say is true: Sensationalism sells.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 12:43:44 pm »

Send them all to the middle east, then I'll watch.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org