A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:39:45 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The King of Cool  (Read 3093 times)
mspivey
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:29:00 pm »

Documentary on Steve McQueen tonight at 8 at the Circle Cinema.

I think i'm goimg.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 01:08:55 pm »

Is it showing again tomorrow?  Already going to Tulsarama tonight.

I looked at your photo album.  You have a photo of a couple of antique cars squeaking between a couple of large rocks.  Is that the "Garden of The God's" park in Colrado Springs?  If it is, I've driven through there.

Great photos BTW!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
mspivey
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:28:49 pm »

Nope, tonight only.

Last year, we provided the emergency road service for the Glidden Tour in the Black Hills of South Dakota (AAA Oklahoma merged with AAA South Dakota a few years ago). It was excellent duty! Those were taken at the "Needle's Eye" not far from Rushmore.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 01:51:40 pm »

Looks very similar to a tight pass in the Garden of the God's.  Black Hills are beautiful.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Steve
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 04:26:01 pm »

I thought the "king of cool" was Dean Martin.  Maybe Dino is the king for vocal music; Steve is the king for motion pictures.

I saw a documentary on TV the other night, must have been PBS on Sunday 8:00 PM about Steubenville OH (Dean Martin's hometown)and Dean Martin, and they referred to Martin as the "king of cool."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org