A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:38:09 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The American"  (Read 73728 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2013, 02:41:44 pm »

Well-played

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2013, 06:57:47 am »

That reminds me, I need to get a haircut today.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2013, 06:59:56 am »

That reminds me, I need to get a haircut today.

Which one?  I usually get them all cut.

Grin

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2014, 08:55:39 pm »

Vision 2025 project could be canceled

TULSA, OK. —  It was passed by a vote of the public more than 10 years ago as part of Vision 2025, but now an Indian Cultural Center in west Tulsa might not be built after all.
The project supervisor told FOX23 this all comes down to money and he doesn’t see how supporters have the funds to complete their part of the project.
“This is our lone holdout for a potential project that is not able to be completed in the potential time frame,” said Vision 2025 supervisor Kirby Crowe.
Crowe said more than 95 percent of the projects have been completed but the Indian Cultural Center proposed near Tulsa Hills is what concerns him most.
“Vision 2025 has a lifespan. The sales tax expires in a couple of years, and it intends to have all of the funds for the projects and the projects completed shortly thereafter,” Crowe said.
Crowe said he isn’t opposed to the center, but the group in charge of raising the money has reported little to no progress on raising the $8 to $10 million needed and there is no reason the county should pay for new roads and new utility access to a building that doesn’t exist.

The fundraising group, Native Indian Monument Incorporated, said the person in charge of the fundraising efforts recently died and the group is searching for a new director.
Greater Tulsa Indian Affairs Commission called the project a necessary community enrichment project that will attract national and international visitors. It has requested a special meeting with Crowe’s company, local tribal leaders, and NIMI.
Crowe said that even if the money is raised, it is too late to have the center at 71st and Elwood. River Parks owns the land and has canceled the lease.
“So there’s not the site for it anymore, and the sign’s been down for a couple of years, the fundraising sign. And we’re concerned,” Crowe said.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/vision-2025-project-could-be-canceled/ngnLL/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:58:49 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

Vision 2025 project could be canceled

TULSA, OK. —  It was passed by a vote of the public more than 10 years ago as part of Vision 2025, but now an Indian Cultural Center in west Tulsa might not be built after all.
The project supervisor told FOX23 this all comes down to money and he doesn’t see how supporters have the funds to complete their part of the project.
“This is our lone holdout for a potential project that is not able to be completed in the potential time frame,” said Vision 2025 supervisor Kirby Crowe.
Crowe said more than 95 percent of the projects have been completed but the Indian Cultural Center proposed near Tulsa Hills is what concerns him most.
“Vision 2025 has a lifespan. The sales tax expires in a couple of years, and it intends to have all of the funds for the projects and the projects completed shortly thereafter,” Crowe said.
Crowe said he isn’t opposed to the center, but the group in charge of raising the money has reported little to no progress on raising the $8 to $10 million needed and there is no reason the county should pay for new roads and new utility access to a building that doesn’t exist.

The fundraising group, Native Indian Monument Incorporated, said the person in charge of the fundraising efforts recently died and the group is searching for a new director.
Greater Tulsa Indian Affairs Commission called the project a necessary community enrichment project that will attract national and international visitors. It has requested a special meeting with Crowe’s company, local tribal leaders, and NIMI.
Crowe said that even if the money is raised, it is too late to have the center at 71st and Elwood. River Parks owns the land and has canceled the lease.
“So there’s not the site for it anymore, and the sign’s been down for a couple of years, the fundraising sign. And we’re concerned,” Crowe said.

http://www.fox23.com/news/news/local/vision-2025-project-could-be-canceled/ngnLL/

Monetta Trepp passed away a little over a year ago. She was a descendant of the Perryman family, the real founders of Tulsa and owner of Perryman Ranch. She was the head of the group working on that center and with her passing that effort is probably over.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2014, 06:42:02 am »

What will happen to the money collected for that project? And why would River Parks cancel the lease two years ago?

onward...through the fog
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2014, 08:17:43 am »

What will happen to the money collected for that project? And why would River Parks cancel the lease two years ago?
As I understand it River Parks didn't "cancel" (and if I said that I misspoke) the lease it expired and as I recall, the it did have project milestones requirements. RPA has indicated to me that they are planning a different direction with that site now.

As for what happens to the funds if the project does not go forward, in accordance with the ballot resolutions it falls to the responsibility of the Vision Authority (4 Mayors & 3 County Commissioners) to make the determination of another project use following a public hearing.  This is the same entity that made the determination to raise the funding level for the Arena and convention Center.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:21:33 am by Vision 2025 » Logged

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2014, 08:35:53 am »

As I understand it River Parks didn't "cancel" (and if I said that I misspoke) the lease it expired and as I recall, the it did have project milestones requirements. RPA has indicated to me that they are planning a different direction with that site now.

As for what happens to the funds if the project does not go forward, in accordance with the ballot resolutions it falls to the responsibility of the Vision Authority (4 Mayors & 3 County Commissioners) to make the determination of another project use following a public hearing.  This is the same entity that made the determination to raise the funding level for the Arena and convention Center.

Out of curiosity, what was the specific location of the parcel in relation to 71st & Elwood?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2014, 08:45:55 am »

Oklahoma seems to have a problem completing Indian museums.

How much 2025 money was designated to this project?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2014, 10:18:47 am »

Lack of money huh? They should talk to the Indian tribe out in Catoosa. They have just about ran out of ideas to blow money on.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2014, 01:29:14 pm »

Oklahoma seems to have a problem completing Indian museums.

How much 2025 money was designated to this project?
$2.0 Million

Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2014, 01:31:04 pm »

Out of curiosity, what was the specific location of the parcel in relation to 71st & Elwood?
More or less the NE Corner but the primary location was a bit further to the East, close to the old creen waste location and took in that site.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2014, 01:49:30 pm »

That is an awesome site for something cool. It has a great view of downtown and the river. It also has a path that leads right into the Turkey Mountain Wilderness area.

I hope whatever they do keeps in mind that this is true urban wilderness. There are many, many hikers, strollers, and mountain bike enthusiasts that love Turkey Mountain. A green museum, conference center, or boutique hotel would work.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »

More or less the NE Corner but the primary location was a bit further to the East, close to the old creen waste location and took in that site.

Down near the old drying beds or on the upper elevation to the west of the drying beds? 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »

That is an awesome site for something cool. It has a great view of downtown and the river. It also has a path that leads right into the Turkey Mountain Wilderness area.

I hope whatever they do keeps in mind that this is true urban wilderness. There are many, many hikers, strollers, and mountain bike enthusiasts that love Turkey Mountain. A green museum, conference center, or boutique hotel would work.

Thank you again for helping to organize the beautification day.  It really made a difference in some of the trails!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org