A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:08:20 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Sounds Like Downtown"  (Read 4229 times)
jne
Philanthropist

« on: May 30, 2007, 01:58:53 pm »

Thursday May 31st on Main St.
Anybody know what this is??

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:15:20 pm »

Long-time concert promoter Jeff Nix and fellow lawyer and sometimes political candidate Kent Moreland are behind this.

It is live music near the fountain at fifth and Main every Thursday night right after work.

These guys are trying to establish some happy hour time nightlife for downtown Tulsa.

We should wish them good luck.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Rico
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »

Are they possibly trying to point out that the fountain could be something other than a target for cheerleaders from Owasso...?

[}:)]
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 03:19:49 pm »

I like the concept, but the location is not ideal.  The only nearby venue for food/drink is Billy's....and I don't know if they're staying open late for these events.  Regardless, there's not a lot of synergy to help build after-hours momentum (with a combination of happy hour and music).  A much better location would be anywhere in Brady or Blue Dome...but I suppose this is just another "chicken or egg" question.  

On the bright side, once Centennial Park gets built, the concerts could be held there and it could be called "Sounds Like Downtown's Smokin'" ...and listeners could pop into the cigar shop at 6th and Main during the concerts.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 12:26:41 pm »

Three of us went there last night.  The band was good, the surroundings were comfortable and there was a beer trough.

My ears are getting older so I had a tough time with the music volume.  The wind was pretty gusty but it was great to sit and relax DT.

Including the 3 of us, the cops, the vendor, the band, and the EMSA guys, I counted 27 people.

Any ideas how this can be promoted or is it doomed due to location?  I'd love to see more of this kind of thing.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 12:47:25 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Any ideas how this can be promoted or is it doomed due to location?  I'd love to see more of this kind of thing.
I'd say it's doomed for the time being.  "The new Bartlett square" just doesn't feel comfortable for that sort of thing.  Maybe the new park at 6th and main will fill the void.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org