A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:49:08 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost of Living in T-Town  (Read 5680 times)
AMP
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 07:06:32 am »

I have used Cricket Cell Serivce for the past 5+ years.  Runs around $49 per month with unlimeted talk time all day/night 24/7 (All You Can Eat) when calling in the local area.  www.mycricket.com

While it is not for everyone, they are great for kids phones and for folks that don't travel out of the area much.  Replaced my hard wired home phone 5+ years ago as the price was about the same with the Cricket Cell then at $29.95 per month.  

Local calling area which includes all the way to the turnpike gate near Wagoner to the S.E. and to past Inola to the East.  Skiatook to the North, and past Kellyville to the S.W.  Past Sand Springs to the West and to Beggs to the South.  

It also works for Unlimited Calling in all other Cricket Local Calling areas such as Houston, Ft Smith and other areas they have Cricket service in.  

Travel Time runs around 33 cents per minute and allows for roaming on any Nationwide network. The same areas that Sprint and Cingular wont work in the Cricket wont either. I have owned them all and driven through the our of service zones with all of them as well.  

Features included in the $49 deal are Unlimited Long Distance inbound and outbound when in your local area, Call Waiting, 3 way, Caller ID, Voice Mail, Unlimited Text.   Text does not count against your minutes when using Travel Time.  Internet is available with specific phones and at an extra monthly fee.  

I typically let the calls go to voice mail when I am traveling out of town, then call back using another phone that does not charge me 33 cents per minute.    

Nice thing about the Cricket service is it is a set price per month so there are no suprises, and there is no contract if you choose.  

CABLE Internet:  I have Cox slowest speed but cheapest price as well.  It runs $29.95 per month, I did not take the TV option as the basic TV they offer for $10 a month with my Internet is the same as Free AIR TV.  I save the $120+ per year and watch fuzzy tv.  

I can't see any better than what comes in over the antenna anyway, so I have zero need for Cable or High Definition at my age. LOL

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 08:03:22 am »

AMP- Whatever Cox's slowest speed is, is still faster than the DSL I use where I work now. [Wink]

I wasn't aware they offered different internet speeds now.  I haven't had Cox internet for about 2.5 yrs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 11:40:14 am »

The sales tax is high and Oklahoma it taxes all food. All the freeways around Tulsa are toll roads. The prop. tax is not bad, it's kinda low in fact. They just cut the income tax rates in Oklahoma. Car insurance is high because of the high number of illegals driving and someone has to pay for that.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 11:49:07 am »

Sales Tax in Tulsa - 8.4% and yes, everything is taxed.

Toll Roads - if you live South of town or way east you may commute on one.  65 cents each way.  You can avoid them if you feel obligated.

I'm afraid I do not have the effective property or income taxes in front of me atm so I could only give you the info you could find on the net.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 08:05:49 am »

I like the Dallas area better and the climate is better. Not as cold as Tulsa.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org