A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:13:23 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Lookout Mountain Estates"  (Read 13744 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 11:55:56 am »

I don't live on the west side, but I work there, have friends that live there, and shop and eat over there.  Only crime I've seen in Red Fork is the lunch buffet at Ollie's on certain days. [}:)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RLitterell
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 12:28:34 pm »

I could not let this pass, I grew up in the Red Fork area, attended church at Red Fork Baptist Church (please save you're Baptist comments)and attended school. The only rats I ever saw were those car loads coming from east Tulsa looking for trouble after a friday night football game. Red Fork put Tulsa on the map. Without Red Fork and it's oil well there probably would have never been a Tulsa to speak of. The friends and family I have there and have had in the past are the reason for my success, however humble it may be, today. Good and honest people with a work ethic that seconds to none. Red Fork, in it's past glory was full of economic vigor. Hard times in the last 20 years has taken it's toll in some of it's areas and it's true that some of the homes there may not be up to certian levels of refinement and culture but I would rather live in the Red Fork area over any other place in the world. I miss it and it's people. Someday soon I will return there to retire and God willing spend my final days there. If you don't like Red Fork stay home. Those of us who cherish it will gladly live our peaceful lives without the benefit of your presence
*edited for spelling
MichaelC
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 12:35:08 pm »

When I first moved to Tulsa I lived at the base of Look Out Mountain.  I could walk cross country right up to KTUL.  It's quiet except for the trains, little crime.  Red Fork's alright.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 12:41:26 pm »

My grandmother is 92 years old and never misses a Sunday at Red Fork Baptist Church.

Red Fork Main Street is going to make west Tulsa the place to be in a few years.

Power is nothing till you use it.
RLitterell
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 12:51:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

My grandmother is 92 years old and never misses a Sunday at Red Fork Baptist Church.

Red Fork Main Street is going to make west Tulsa the place to be in a few years.

Really, I wonder if I know her. I go back to the days of Hub Collier as pastor, then Garnett Cole.
In_Tulsa
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 01:13:54 pm »

I love to see people take pride in where they live. Way to go Red Fork.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 05:10:33 pm »

Show your pride, Red Fork!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org