A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:18 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More internal problems in Police department  (Read 12012 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 12:29:59 pm »

There is no justification for your using racial terms like that.

Make fun of political correctness all you want...it is still not appropriate to use such terms.

Power is nothing till you use it.
iplaw
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 12:33:55 pm »

[xx(]  Please.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 12:40:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by MH2010

The incident was investigated and it was determined that the officer did not steal the jacket.

The BOC is trying to make something out of nothing.  The consent decree is coming up for review by Judge Kern later this year because it is set to expire.

Now that is helpful information.

Everything in the story said that someone said or was told or "put on notice" the jacket was stolen. No-one ever officially first hand said it was.

Who is running this investigation?  Captain Queeg?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 12:44:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

There is no justification for your using racial terms like that.

Make fun of political correctness all you want...it is still not appropriate to use such terms.

I didn't see you chastise grizz for saying "white boy coverup".

I don't get why we are expected to be apologists when the discrimination is directed at black people and keep our mouths shut when the racism or discrimination flows the other direction.

We are all just saying what everyone else thinks but has become too afraid to say these days.  Especially when it is about people who legally carry a side-arm.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 01:42:39 pm »

I didn't know "white boy" was a slur.
iplaw
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 01:49:03 pm »

It wasn't any more than "whitey" was.  We just have someone who's a bit uptight on this thread.

I'm also quite sure that he's by no means concerned that either of us were being racial.  He just wanted to get a shot in at me.  
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 02:42:27 pm »

He also likes to take shots at the police department whenever he can.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 03:48:51 pm »

I glad you two speak for me. This wasn't a shot directed at you Iplaw nor a shot at the police.

I think the term "whitey" is offensive and I will admit to being uptight about it. I won't stand by when people say racist words.

Would it be OK to say "blackie"?

No.

iplaw
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 03:51:03 pm »

Nor would it have been appropriate to say that it was a "black boy coverup."  

I'll take feigned outrage for $50 Alex...[V]
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 03:54:58 pm »

You are right. Grizzle probably shouldn't use that phrase either. I just wasn't as offended by it as I was yours.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 04:17:19 pm »

Someone pass me the CRACKERS.

shadows
City Father

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 07:14:56 pm »

Somewhere in the past one of the posters explained “hearsay”.  Is this thread based on the explanation?

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 07:38:31 pm »

Pretty much.  I don't think it's a real prudent idea to fire a union policeman over hearsay.  So they didn't.

iplaw
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 07:26:02 am »

This may, or may not have anything to do with hearsay.  It's just an allegation, no different than if a child at school says that little Jimmy stole his lunch.  If someone doesn't come forward with proof that Jimmy did the deed you can't send little Jimmy to detention.

Accusation != Guilt

The issue is, as I can decipher, the BOC says that no real investigation was done and that claims were dismissed without being scrutinized.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 06:54:33 pm »

This from KTUL...

<b>Theft Accusations Inside Police Department Creates Tension Among Officers </b>
From domestic calls to burglaries, Officer Marvin Blades wants people to know they can count on him. But, some of his fellow black officers want to know if they can count on fairness within the Tulsa Police Department. At issue is a white officer who allegedly stole another officer's jacket, then bypassed the normal disciplinary process and received preferential treatment.

Ex-Tulsa Police Officer Wants Out Of Prison Early

Former Tulsa Police officer Marvin Blades Junior, who was convicted of robbing Hispanic drivers during traffic stops, wants out of prison early.
He's been in prison for two years but has 33 more years to go in his 35-year sentence.
His family members, former Tulsa Police Officers, including his father, and a state senator all testified at the Tulsa County Courthouse on Wednesday, asking the judge to lighten his sentence.
Blades Junior said he needs to be there for his children and he takes responsibility for what he's done, but it wasn't enough to sway the judge. "We are very disappointed that nothing changed today," said State Senator and family friend Kevin Matthews.
He was originally convicted of five counts of robbery with a firearm and sentenced to 35 years in prison.
During the trial, four Hispanic witnesses testified, and a recording from an undercover Hispanic officer who was pulled over by Blades Junior was played.
They all claim Blades Junior stole money from their wallets when he pulled them over.
So far, he's served two years of his sentence with the hope the judge would modify it for his families sake. "It is a financial hardship and an emotional hardship on them," explained Matthews.
Blades Junior told the judge today, quote "I feel like I have learned my lesson and I can go back to society and be a productive citizen."
Matthews says it was a non-violent crime and he should be punished accordingly. “No gun was brandished, no one was threatened [and] no violence happened," he stated. "We've had people that have robbed banks with guns that didn't get this much time and so it's puzzling and troubling."

Blades had his gun -- what TPD cop doesnt -- and was in his TPD uniform when he robbed people.

As we know, you dont have to be "brandishing" a gun to be "justifiably" shot:
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/31/oklahoma-pastor-nehemiah-fischer-trooper-shooting-flooding

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org