A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:20:54 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Urban" WalMart Supercenter.. In East Village....  (Read 30301 times)
jdb
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2007, 08:41:53 am »

"Let's see... DESCO..." - USR

But nay, before that did cometh AECOM. And unto to the hiway they did return.

Am resigned to a National Retailer popping up in the hood - somewhere, at sometime - but have no faith it'll jump start the area on any sustainable level.

Nor will it spin off a hip, walkable environ.
Particularly if the focus is on the facade of the place. The real deal is parking.

WM's not going to cave to a list of demands - but they will conceed one or two items to cast a good neighbor image.

Push for "parking in the rear" or risk losing the walkable notion. And by push, I mean the people at TDA.

People attending the TU vs. OU drive right into homeowners yards, slam it in park and leap out running for the gate.

IOW's, no one drives to an event or a store for the parking lot. They go for what's inside.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2007, 09:08:16 am »

I do favor a Wal-Mart going in. I'm a big shopper of Wal-Mart. I like to see the freemarket place in action- Stores that can't hack it have to go into another line of work. I like to have as much money in my pocket as I can... Funny how no one sez diddley when a super box store like Target or Home Depot goes up, but when a Wal-Mart goes up everyone gets up in arms over it.[Tongue]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org