A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:34:31 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the Comprehensive Plan  (Read 12400 times)
Rico
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 06:51:41 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

I think Tulsa Now should think about what is needed, do some research, have informed discussions on the issues at hand, then come up with what we think are the priorities and educate people as to what we have found.

The Comprehensive Plan Survey has these 3  questions.

1.   This survey seeks to determine what do you think is most important for Tulsa to achieve over the next 10 to 20 years (regarding where you live, work, shop, learn, visit and play). Please list three that you think are most important, in order of priority.

2.   What do you think are Tulsa's most valuable or important assets or opportunities? Please list three that you think are most important, in order of priority.

3.   In the same manner as above, what do you think are the most critical issues, problems, or concerns confronting Tulsa? Please list three that you think are most important, in order of priority.

Seems to me you will most likely end up with a few vague generalities.

For instance, the top 3 priorities will obviously be things like, education, streets, crime, economic development, etc.  Hardly a suprise to anyone and hardly something we need to take a survey to determine.  Its the specifics on how to work on those priorities that will be important.

What would be interesting to me to find out is what the top 10 or 15 priorities would be.  THERE is where I think you would find some more specific and useful comments.  Same with the other two questions as well.

Say it louder...! Perhaps they will hear....?[Smiley]
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 08:56:40 am »

Keep in mind that the input from the city at this point is strictly to help the steering committee determine what sort of consultant needs to be hired.  After the consultant is chosen, there will be ongoing participation, which will allow for much more input, and expansion of ideas and priorities.

I would also encourage people to attend one of the many meetings.  Though the survey asks people to list three priorities, many more come out at the meetings.

Lewis
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:44 am »

Comments from TulsaNow presentation...
http://www.cityoftulsa.org/Community/Planning/CompPlan/documents/Tulsanowfeedback.pdf
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 12:23:07 pm »

Five pages of comments?

Those TulsaNow folk are either brilliantly informed on what Tulsa needs or the biggest bunch of whiners you will ever meet.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 06:59:46 pm »

Just came back from this evening's meeting at TU's Chapman Activity Center.  22 attended the meeting.  A lot of what's in Tulsanow's presentation was suggested by the attendees.  I'm glad the city is giving us the opprotunity to voice ourselves and be a part of the process.
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 07:30:22 pm »

I just realized that nobody spoke up for Route 66 revitalization in my District's (2) meeting tonight. Doah! My badd.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 08:29:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/Community/Planning/CompPlan/documents/Tulsanowfeedback.pdf

30. Fastidious urban design
a. Pay attention to details in public streetscaping projects
i. Trees: choose the right types of trees and pay attention to placement…details count
1. Don’t obscure businesses, etc.
ii. Lighting
b. Bury power lines

I would have loved to see something like
"Vision-friendly Lighting" or
"Eye-friendly lighting"  or
something along those lines that steers us away from the high-glare utility-subsidizing garbage lighting our leadership seems to have resigned themselves to.

Just having better choices on the "list of approved fixtures" would in itself be a huge step.

Hope to make the District 9 presentation Tuesday.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Rico
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 10:00:34 pm »

quote:

Was this "Tulsa Now" meeting an open event or a Board of Directors Presentation?

[?]
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 06:30:57 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

quote:

Was this "Tulsa Now" meeting an open event or a Board of Directors Presentation?

[?]

Yeah, what gives?

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Rico
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 06:50:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

quote:

[?]

Yeah, what gives?

I just assumed the silence was the answer.....

Didn't you..?
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 08:30:51 pm »

quote:

quote:

[?]

This was held during a monthly board meeting. They asked to speak to the organizaton specifically which is what the city is currently doing, speaking with community groups all over town from YP's to retirees. This was in no way intended to exclude anyone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 08:44:16 pm »

I think the planners would come to a general TulsaNow membership meeting if we asked them to.

I assume that most of the people who care have been to at least one of their presentations and have gone to the website to express their thoughts.

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 07:55:27 pm »

When corporations cooperate...

http://web.centre.edu/enviro/Hot%20Topics/ecofriendly%20homes/Sedona/sedona.htm

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 09:10:21 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by patric

In many places they have to.  They have similar restrictions in Santa Fe and the buildings there look the same. There is a certain building style and a variety of colors and tones that businesses and homes must adopt. I have a feeling that in Sedona they arent "cooperating" because they want to, but because they have to.  I would like to see some areas in Tulsa with that kind of cooperation lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 09:25:57 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

quote:
Originally posted by patric

They have similar restrictions in Santa Fe and the buildings there look the same. There is a certain building style and a variety of colors and tones that businesses and homes must adopt. I have a feeling that in Sedona they arent "cooperating" because they want to, but because they have to.  I would like to see some areas in Tulsa with that kind of cooperation lol.

But don't you find Santa Fe a bit much?  I love Santa Fe--to visit.  If I lived there I believe the monotony of the architecture would drive me a little crazy.  Somewhere between Tulsa & Santa Fe would be good.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org