A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:46:44 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woodland Hills remodel?  (Read 14376 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: April 16, 2007, 01:46:38 pm »

Recently there was a zoning sign placed on 71st next to the far south Woodland Hills Mall parking lot no-one uses. I assumed that area was going to be redeveloped into an outparcel with some new chain restaurant going in it or a strip mall. In the past week they have run temp electrical service, put a construction trailer and bathroom facilities as well as a fence around the whole area. I realized that this lot itself isn't being developed, it's being used a construction office/equipment parking.

With that much stuff, what are they building? Is the mall getting another major overhaul?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 02:15:49 pm »

There is a shopping strip going in over there.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 02:51:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

There is a shopping strip going in over there.

There is on the westside where coach's/okeedokees was but all the dirtwork is done.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:17:58 pm »

Its a hotel then. [Tongue]

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:34:38 pm »

There's a couple of new things--to the east will be a hotel.  To the south will be a restaurant--rumor has it a Cheesecake Factory.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 05:30:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by pmcalk

There's a couple of new things--to the east will be a hotel.  To the south will be a restaurant--rumor has it a Cheesecake Factory.

God that's depressing, why would they build a Cheesecake factory out there in the parking lot of Woodland.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 07:02:11 pm »

quote:

Well, while I like the fact the unnecessary parking is being used for something other than heat reflectors, I had higher hopes. My plan would be putting Parking garages on NW and SE corners (the first floor levels) and raising the mall to 3 stories.
Rowdy
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:36:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

God that's depressing, why would they build a Cheesecake factory out there in the parking lot of Woodland.

I think they should move it next door to the Heart Hospital down the street.  That way you wouldn't have far to go...
Cubs
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 11:05:56 pm »

quote:

I don't know, but I believe it .... they just built one by Penn Square Mall in OKC.
bluelake
Activist

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 11:48:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

quote:

quote:

I think they should move it next door to the Heart Hospital down the street.  That way you wouldn't have far to go...

With gas getting more expensive that's probably a good idea.

stymied
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 04:25:44 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?articleID=070503_5_E1_spanc78533

Anyone here ever eat at Cheesecake Factory?  It was my wife's favorite in California.
inteller
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 05:48:56 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by stymied

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?articleID=070503_5_E1_spanc78533

Anyone here ever eat at Cheesecake Factory?  It was my wife's favorite in California.

you say it WAS her favorite place...I guess the Obesity Factory claimed another poor soul.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 08:13:56 am »

quote:
God that's depressing, why would they build a Cheesecake factory out there

TO manufacturing cheesecake. Duh.  [Tongue]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 08:14:53 am »

I can confirm that a Cheesecake Factory is going in.

That aside, best cheesecake place is Kerri Cakes at 29th and Harvard.  You can get a 6" cheesecake for $6.   I highly recommend it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
grahambino
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 08:40:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by stymied

i have ate at one in san antonio & one in frisco, i think its overpriced.  the menu is diverse, but they dont seem to do any one thing well, though the cheesecakes at both places were pretty good, though i should hope so, considering the name of the place.  the portions are sizable, but i'd rather pay less and not waste half of the chicken sandwich that is roughly the size of a dinner plate.  just my .02
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org