A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:38:33 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: California Greenie Issues Ultimatum to Oklahoma  (Read 26163 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2007, 12:48:21 pm »

And good riddance as you climb back into your sad puddle of narrow-mindedness and mis-information.

It never fails, present someone with the logic that there are stooges on the payroll of companies on her side of the issue, and rather than to consider it, just slink off and dismiss other comments.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
iplaw
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2007, 12:52:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cecelia

Well, the two of you just proved my point. Cheesy

The facts speak for themselves. All it takes is a little googling of the words Exxon and funding and global warming, as well as a few minutes of investigation into who funds Inhofe's et als' political careers.

All it takes is knowing that no scientist - and I mean scientist - not paid shill - disputes global warming is happening and will have catastrophic impact.

But I learned long ago that trying to cast light on ignorance for those who willfully choose to remain such is a useless pursuit.

So I leave you in your sad puddle of ignorance with your puffed of feelings of pride for supporting those who have gotten very, very rich by simply lying to you and totally screwing you.

Bye!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2007, 01:16:54 pm »

Ever wonder how newbies just happen to sign on and puke on a particular subject then disappear?  Shill poster? Cecilia? Aox? Teddy Jack?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2007, 02:37:19 pm »

Didnt I post to a scientist that had no funding from oil companies?  The guy was employed by MIT.  Likewise, previously I cited to the story about the Oregon State Climatologist getting fired and he had no oil funding.

What worse, I Googled Al Gore and Global warming and came up with all sorts of stuff.  I think Al Gore must be funding the entire global warming "science" because a Google search said so.

It is closed minded people like you who have created a religion out of global warming and ignore the science.  Even Roger Revelle states that the evidence for global warming is not persuasive enough to warrant drastic action.   Probably just another paid shill of the oil companies...  (go google him and then come back and talk).  Without further research we cannot know what is causing the warming of the Earth nor how to help slow it.  We have a good indication, but we need to learn more.

Why are you afraid to try and learn more?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 12:14:41 pm »

Carbon credits a farce:

http://www.alternet.org/envirohealth/50077/

Caution, long article, but very well worth reading and the commentary that follows.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2007, 07:14:45 am »

Now some hack professor that retired from NASA and went to work for U of Alabama is getting paid off by the oil companies.  
quote:
"I don't think we understand what happens. We can watch it happen on the (climate) models, we know it happens, but we don't know for sure how it happens," Spencer said.

My point here is that there are not just one or two oil industry hacks doubting this.  Think for yourself and try to understand WHY scientists came to their consensus.  In this instance, they have very little at this point to back up their theory.  Hopefully climatology gets more advanced and they will have a better understanding of why the Earth is warming and what can stop the trend.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Wilbur
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2007, 07:47:49 am »

From USAToday:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/weather/2007/04/could_global_wa.html?csp=34

Now global warming is blamed for weakening hurricanes.  How long ago was it that global warming was blamed for the increase and strength of hurricanes?  

I guess when 'your' science doesn't match reality, just change the science!

This planet is 6,000,000,000 years old.  Do we really think a few years of human infestation is enough to destroy Earth?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2007, 08:15:50 am »

Global warming is actually going to result in global cooling.[Shocked)]

I think the global warming scientists are funded by the "big bicycle" lobby. [}:)]

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2018, 06:26:01 am »

Another Dandy...!!!

Global Moderator
Civic Leader

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2018, 07:26:16 am »

Non-substantive post just to revive an ancient thread while we have a thread on this topic still going.

Locked.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org