Obama fundraiser at George Kaiser's home?

(1/12) > >>

USRufnex:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070319_1_BR1_Democ85858&breadcrumb=Breaking%20News

Barack Obama visits Tulsa
By Staff Reports
3/19/2007  2:43 PM

Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama surprised the staff of Tulsa's Educare Center, 2511 E. Fifth Place, with a surprise visit on Monday.

Obama was in Tulsa for a private fundraiser.

"I've been a big proponent of early childhood education for some time," said Obama. "I'm extremely pleased and proud of Oklahoma for the ground-breaking work that's being done here."

Obama's campaign had kept his stop at the Educare Center so quiet only a two staff members of the staff knew he was coming.

Those two, Co-Director Carol Rowland and Associate Director of Early Childhood Education Lyn Lucas, were sworn to secrecy.

"We didn't find out until Friday, and we were told not to tell anyone," said Rowland.

Obama strolled through the center, asking questions of the staff and peeking into rooms where children were stretched out for early afternoon naps.

"Can I have a mat, too?" he said at one point.

After the private fundraiser at the home of George Kaiser, Obama was scheduled to travel on to Oklahoma City for a public rally, a fundraiser and an appearance on Larry King Live.

deinstein:
Kaiser knows what's up.

That's pretty cool he stopped by over there, maybe he should do it on the days I get deliveries over there. I'd love to bump into the next President.

Conan71:
I still think Richardson is the best candidate offered by the Democrats so far.  I read in the paper he had a fundraiser in OKC over the weekend.

Maybe I'm just paying closer attention to Richardson and understand exactly what it is he stands for.

Double A:
Obamania stormed through Tulsa. Senator Obama might be able to place second in Oklahoma if he continues to visit the state prior to the primary. I love the youtube Hillary video, BTW.

The state of education in New Mexico makes Oklahoma look ivy league. Richardson will be out of the race before the Oklahoma primary.

Cubs:
Inflammatory comment removed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page