A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:36:34 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21st and Yale  (Read 30860 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2017, 01:58:56 pm »

They have something better!   Large vanilla malt...no added syrup...

Actually, Hanks Hamburgers makes them better.   Chocolate also.  I love malts.  Shakes are good, but not like malts.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2017, 08:46:32 am »

Actually, Hanks Hamburgers makes them better.   Chocolate also.  I love malts.  Shakes are good, but not like malts.

Oh, yeah...I forget about Hanks!!   Great malts...at least the last time I was there!   Gotta go back - maybe Thursday...look around the old neighborhood and see what has changed. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2017, 09:22:35 am »

Oh, yeah...I forget about Hanks!!   Great malts...at least the last time I was there!   Gotta go back - maybe Thursday...look around the old neighborhood and see what has changed. 

I live just south of Hanks in that subdivision.  About two blocks.  What I've found with Hanks is that it can sometimes be a crapshoot with the shake/malt maker.  For stretches it may not be available due to maintenance issues (owner tells me it can be difficult to get parts for it since it is so old).  So don't be surprised if that happens.  I haven't been to Hanks for about two months.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2017, 09:44:21 am »

I miss Hanks. Worked at airport for a stretch. Hanks was my favorite stop for lunch.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2017, 09:54:23 am »

I live just south of Hanks in that subdivision.  About two blocks.  What I've found with Hanks is that it can sometimes be a crapshoot with the shake/malt maker.  For stretches it may not be available due to maintenance issues (owner tells me it can be difficult to get parts for it since it is so old).  So don't be surprised if that happens.  I haven't been to Hanks for about two months.

I haven't been there since the early 70's. 

Lived on Admiral Blvd, right behind what was (is?) Womack Machine Supply.  Could walk over there if traffic wasn't too bad.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2017, 09:55:43 am »

I miss Hanks. Worked at airport for a stretch. Hanks was my favorite stop for lunch.

Sounds like we could almost have a Hank's reunion going on here.... I really did like that place a lot !  Gonna have to try it again, I guess.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 11:40:05 am »

The old Gordman's location at 21st & Yale is getting a makeover, and clues as to who the lucky new owners are?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
In_Tulsa
Citizen

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 01:46:15 pm »

I heard Burlington Coat Factory is moving in. Don’t know how accurate that is.

The old Gordman's location at 21st & Yale is getting a makeover, and clues as to who the lucky new owners are?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 07:31:09 pm »

Heard same. Also heard they are more than great coats.
onehandoneheart
Citizen

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 09:04:15 am »

I heard Burlington Coat Factory is moving in. Don’t know how accurate that is.

Yep. Here's the permit:

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2017, 01:04:47 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/burlington-to-open-new-midtown-location/article_73838931-b9b7-5b47-8b48-c40140d3ab14.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org