A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:12:58 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Arrow's New Shopping Center  (Read 9480 times)
Porky
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:53:39 pm »

It's called Albany Hills and will be located just a 1/4 mile west of the Bass Pro.

Here's all the info I could find out about it: Click Here -----> http://tinyurl.com/ysh3qt

Also Target is building one of their Super Centers behind the new medical clinic at Lynn Lane and the BA Expressway.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 05:31:41 pm »

Am I getting old?  Is it just me?  But whenever I look across the front of the enlarged image of that thing, my brain fries. What style is that?  Is it a style? "Styles" plural? Its like I cant focus on the thing.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 09:39:17 pm »

I looks like someone swallowed Eton Square then puked it back up.
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 11:17:37 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

Am I getting old?  Is it just me?  But whenever I look across the front of the enlarged image of that thing, my brain fries. What style is that?  Is it a style? "Styles" plural? Its like I cant focus on the thing.

I'm betting the tower won't be built.  Same with the false windows and curved walls.  The finished product will be "value engineered" post-modern.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 12:48:18 am »

Looks like they have plenty of parking!

I wonder if the car dealerships on the south side of the BA at 161st will end up being ran out so that whole interchange can be surrounded by suburban shopping paradise?

Porky
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:58:49 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

lol I agree with you. It reminds me of a space age western town theme park with a Sears thrown in at the end of it.

There's a shopping center that is almost done by the Bass Pro shop that was done in a contemporary  design and looks much better. Actually it looks awesome and a lot of money was spent on its design. Once you see it you'll understand what I'm talking about.
perspicuity85
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 02:05:54 am »

I clicked on the loopnet link and zoomed in on the picture.  One of the store facades reads "Urban Outfitters."  Somehow I don't think UO would choose a strip mall near the BA Bass Pro as a prime location for their store.
Porky
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 05:16:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by perspicuity85

I clicked on the loopnet link and zoomed in on the picture.  One of the store facades reads "Urban Outfitters."  Somehow I don't think UO would choose a strip mall near the BA Bass Pro as a prime location for their store.

One of the major things BA is in need of is clothing stores. I think Urban Outfitters would probably do better then the Bass Pro shop clothing line in BA.
Pianoman
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 10:13:07 am »

BA needs places like GAP/American Eagle and places that the high teenage population would shop at other than Walmart.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 10:04:43 am »

Looks like the sprawling islands of shopping surrounded by asphalt you see dropped all over the suburban hell of Phoenix.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Who Cares
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 01:46:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by perspicuity85

The names are just fictional businesses that are put in the rendering. It's not really going to include an Urban Outfitter retail store.
Pianoman
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 03:18:15 pm »

Construction will begin soon!!!
TeeDub
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:20 pm »

Isn't this almost done?

I think this one refers to the one between Steak & Shake and the Runts BBQ.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 06:18:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TeeDub

Isn't this almost done?

Drove by that area 2 days ago and the sign with the rendering was in front of some vacant land.  So unless they are very very fast...No

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Porky
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 08:08:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TeeDub

Isn't this almost done?

That's a different one. Like you said, that one is almost done. The new one I was referring to is across the road to the west from Steak and Shake. And as The Artist just said, there's only a sign in the lot at this time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org