A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:00:11 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 412 between Tulsa & Sand Springs  (Read 13089 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« on: February 27, 2007, 01:20:34 pm »

What exactly are they doing? It seems to be in worse shape now than when they started. Yeah they poured one new lane in each direction, but the other two lanes in each direction are worse now than before they started.

What is up with all the little slots they cut and then filled, poorly, in the inner lanes?

I hope they are planning to blacktop the whole thing when they are finsihed. If not then we taxpayers really got screwed on this repair job.
NellieBly
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:51 pm »

Maybe instead of putting yet another layer of asphalt on it they should dig it up and cover it in something that will last more than four years....maybe concrete --

When will the powers that be realize that asphalt overlays are a huge waste of time and just make our street problems worse in the long run? It's time Tulsa actually developed a real street plan rather than coming up with random projects to get money from the third penney sales tax every couple of years.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:38:49 pm »

They cut slots on the creek turnpike, then blacktopped and then white-topped (concrete)

It was a long process.
bandit1trucking
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:04:55 am »

Supposedly, the slots are to keep the slabs from moving.  they cut the slots at the joints, put re-bar in, and then fill the slots back in.  Only thing is, it's like closing the barn door after the cow is already out...  The slabs have already moved, causing the un-even pavement.  I don't think an overlay is an option, since some of the bridges (65th W. ave in particular) are already too low.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 10:07:11 am »

I heard they are working on turning into an off road course for a new baja style race through the worst of Tulsa roads.

I blew a damn tire out on a pot hole on HWY 75 just north of downtown last week. The highways other than the BA are all crap near downtown.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 10:22:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I heard they are working on turning into an off road course for a new baja style race through the worst of Tulsa roads.

I blew a damn tire out on a pot hole on HWY 75 just north of downtown last week. The highways other than the BA are all crap near downtown.

The BA west bound overpass over 15th and the tracks is crap. It looks like swiss cheese.
Who Cares
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 01:38:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

The BA west bound overpass over 15th and the tracks is crap. It looks like swiss cheese.

Yeah those bridges are terrible. I have to drive over them every day. I feel sometimes like I might fall through the bridge.
breitee
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 01:55:23 pm »

Several months have now passed and not much progress. How much longer will this project take?
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 01:37:34 pm »

Driving Westbound on it today and they had all 3 lanes open.

They are in worse shape than they were before they stared.

Honestly.

Far worse shape.
breitee
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 03:28:41 pm »

Has anyone heard of an estimated completion date for this project?
Who Cares
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 01:11:39 pm »

Well originally it was suppost to be completed in october of 2006, then extended to March 2007, then July. Anyone's guess now?
If you ask me that one project has been a disater.
inteller
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 08:33:09 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Who Cares

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:

Yeah those bridges are terrible. I have to drive over them every day. I feel sometimes like I might fall through the bridge.

i wish I would so I could sue the mother****ing **** out of the state.  The 15th st BA bridge is negligence incarnate.
inteller
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 08:34:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Who Cares

Well originally it was suppost to be completed in october of 2006, then extended to March 2007, then July. Anyone's guess now?
If you ask me that one project has been a disater.

hrm, sounds like the same ****ers who fill the potholes on the IDL.
breitee
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 08:06:31 am »

What in the hell are they doing to this road? They constantly shift lanes back and forth and there does not seem to be any real improvement to the road surface. When will this project ever finish? I sure hope that this company never gets another contract to repair a highway in this state again.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:30:46 am »

Luckily I don't have to drive it to and from work every day anymore.

I have been over to see my parents recently and I was shocked that the work still wasn't finished. It is nuts!

Like you said they seem to constantly close and re-open lanes with no apparent reason and with no visable improvement.

That stretch of highway is turning into our version of Boston's "Big Dig."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org