A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:01:27 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foreclosureville U.S.A.  (Read 10462 times)
TulsaFan-inTexas
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 12:09:51 pm »

Are you a beekeeper Rwarn? The reason I ask is that I heard there is some sort of problem with bees across the US. To put it bluntly, they're turning up missing; in some cases up to 60 percent of the hives are just deserted. And I agree, bees are very beneficial creatures. Pollination from bees is responsible for MUCH of our food supply and we'd be in trouble if it weren't for bees. Besides, I've never been bothered at all by bees, they're some of the most docile insects around.
rwarn17588
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 02:26:35 pm »

I wouldn't exactly call myself a beekeeper. I have only one hive, and I got it to help with pollination. I harvested a little honey in the fall but not much because of the drought. Good thing, too, with the tough winter we had.

The new disease is called Colony Collapse Disorder. No one's quite sure what's causing it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=2867049

Mites are an ongoing battle. I lost one colony in Illinois because of them.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 02:57:36 pm »

Not sure how we started talking abouts bees, but my acquittance in Bixby (BixBee Honey) lost 15% of his hives last year and collected 50% his normal honey.

Anywho, back on topic...

GREAT article on the subprime mortgage colapse:
http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/yourlife/26744

Its only 1 page and to the point.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 11:28:22 am »

The city of Omaha has always been a strong city, low unemployment and lots of growth. Omaha normally escapes the up & downs that other cities & markets suffer. The housing market is stong in Omaha. There is a glut of homes in the high price side however $200,000+ But homes around $100,000 and under are still hot sellers. Lincoln, NE housing is even tighter, at least in my opinion. thanx[Tongue]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Rowdy
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 07:14:25 pm »

I wonder what credit score considers one Sub-Prime?
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 11:58:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

^Well said.

I'm in Red Fork, an area which is lousy with 900- to 1,500-square-foot houses. Residents here are either frugal retirees, young families with starter homes, or renters who are cooling their heels for a while and saving up for that first home.

People here are thankful for what they have, and don't stoop to that lookie-what-I-got attitude.  I have a beehive in the back yard, and no one gives me static about it. It's the opposite, I reckon, to what you find in Owasso, Bixby and south Tulsa, and I like it that way.

Shhh, don't let the word get out. Next thing you know Metro Lofts will be doing one of their infamous scrape & rapes next door to you.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 01:16:11 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy

I wonder what credit score considers one Sub-Prime?

My guess would be 600ish.... just a guess. Any lower than that I'd doubt you'd even get the loan.[Tongue]

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 03:41:49 pm »

I'd say 650 and you become a real concern for most mortgage companies.  You COULD get a loan from them if you had enough PMI or money down and it would still be at a higher rate.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 07:12:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

^Well said.

I'm in Red Fork, an area which is lousy with 900- to 1,500-square-foot houses. Residents here are either frugal retirees, young families with starter homes, or renters who are cooling their heels for a while and saving up for that first home.

People here are thankful for what they have, and don't stoop to that lookie-what-I-got attitude.  I have a beehive in the back yard, and no one gives me static about it. It's the opposite, I reckon, to what you find in Owasso, Bixby and south Tulsa, and I like it that way.

You have a beehive? Fantastic-sounds like a hobby I could get into-seems so relaxing.
ttownclown
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 02:22:59 pm »

Subprime mortgages would be defined 620-640 or 650, depending on the lender.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 02:59:56 pm »

Talked to a friend of mine in the mortgage buisness this morning...Sub-Prime is well below 600.....The sub-prime market has pretty much evaporated for now.....Wall Street cut them off.....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org