A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:24:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bela Fleck and the Flecktones  (Read 4759 times)
iplaw
« on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:28 am »

BELA FLECK AND THE FLECKTONES

WHEN:  This Saturday night.  2/3/07
WHERE: Cains Ballroom.

I don't know how many here are Bela fans, but this is probably the best concert that comes to town on a yearly basis.  These guys are absolutely sick musicians and incredible performers.

For more details on the show visit their website.

http://www.flecktones.com/site.php
Rico
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:42:45 am »

Looks kinda like some of those far left leaning hippy misfits...

[Cheesy]
deinstein
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 06:28:04 pm »

Of course I went and saw one of the best bass players and the best banjo player in the world.

Great show...I love sit down shows at the Cain's.
iplaw
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 08:46:04 am »

Victor Wooten is just sick...I would go just for his 10 minute solo.
deinstein
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:50:16 pm »

Have you ever seen his solo band with his brothers? Absolutely sick! I have picture from when I was 16 with fisherman bucket hat on and a Dead tie dye with Wooten who I completely overshadowed. He's almost a tiny fellow.
iplaw
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 04:47:56 pm »

His brother Reggie is a rediculous guitar player.  I've never seen Wooten outside of the Flecktones, except when he is onstage with DMB.  There isn't a better band that comes to town.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org