A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:07:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 18th Annual Herbal Affair and Festival  (Read 5049 times)
Manahans
« on: February 07, 2007, 03:26:26 pm »

Spring is in the air when thousands of visitors descend onto downtown Sand Springs, April 21st, for the 18th Annual Herbal Affair & Festival, from 9 to 4.  More than 85 vendors bring Oklahoma grown herbs, perennials, natives, and heirlooms plants, along with herbal products, gardening supplies and folk art to the heart of Sand Springs .What began in 1989 as a small downtown street sale has grown to attract some 25,000 people and spurred other communities to host similar events. However, the Sand Springs Herbal Affair & Festival remains the “queen” as the largest, and most respected, in the state.  Activities include:  Free lectures and demonstrations by nationally acclaimed herbalists;  toe-tapping background music on the Charles Page Triangle stage;  fun and games will be all the rage at the children’s tent, including face painting, old-fashioned games and art projects.  Mouth watering food includes Amish, Greek, Indian, German, Polish, Cajun, seafood, barbecue, potatoes, peanuts, blooming onions, baked goods, and ice cream.  Souvenir T-shirts and totes will be available the day of the festival.  Enjoy Sand Springs history while taking the free shuttle service provided from the CPHS parking lot.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:47:52 pm »

Had a friend drag me down there last year, I actually enjoyed it.  Will look forward to going this year.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
bwsongs
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:47:45 pm »

I'd love to be part of the musical scene for this festival!  Do you know who to contact?  The Sand Springs Chamber of Commerce, perhaps?  Thanks for any info.  Becky Wright

www.beckywrightsongs.com
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 10:06:01 pm »

By far the best herb festival.  I always stock up on all my heirloom tomatoes plants, so I will have plenty to watch die come August.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org