A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:31:52 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WORST PRESIDENT EVER! PT.2  (Read 4673 times)
aoxamaxoa
« on: January 26, 2007, 04:51:07 pm »

Carl Bernstein: Bush Administraton Has Done 'Far Greater Damage' Than Nixon

"In the case George W. Bush, the American system has obviously failed -- tragically -- about which we can talk more in a minute. But imagine the difference in our worldview today, had the institutions -- particularly of government -- done their job to ensure that a mendacious and dangerous president (as has since been proven many times over, beyond mere assertion) be restrained in a war that has killed thousands of American soldiers, brought turmoil to the lives of millions, and constrained the goodwill towards the United States in much of the world...."

"In terms of small-bore (but dangerous) characters like Howard Hunt and Gordon Liddy with their schemes, I doubt that any presidency approaches the criminality of the Nixon White House. But the Watergate conspiracy--to undermine the constitution and use illegal methods to hurt Nixon's political opponents and even undermine the electoral system--was supervised by those at the very top.... "

"In the current administration we have seen from the President down -- especially Vice President Cheney, Attorney General Gonzales, Condoleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld -- a willingness to ignore the great constitutional history of the United States -- to suspend, really, many of the constitutional guarantees that have made us a nation apart, with real freedoms unknown elsewhere, unrestricted by short-term political objectives of our leaders...."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003537212

Bring on the Mutiny!
Pelosi makes symbolic trip to Iraq
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070126/ap_on_go_co/pelosi_in_iraq
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:57:08 am »

The Bait-and-Switch White House

"And with that switch, they have done grievous harm to the credibility of the Oval Office and the country."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/27/opinion/27sat1.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

aoxamaxoa
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:58:26 pm »

http://pabloonpolitics.com/star.htm

http://www.internetweekly.org/2007/01/cartoon_psychology_today.html

hee hee
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 07:49:52 am »

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushmiserablefailure.htm

some good pics
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 01:19:09 pm »

Aox,

Let's start a new thread about you called the biggest liberal whiner ever.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 01:15:19 pm »

You will not see this or any other left center editorial opinions in TulsaWorld. Especially now that we've lost Molly!

Maureen Dowd: No Way Out

“Everything you’ve heard and read is true. And I am deeply sorry about that.” Who said it?

(a) George Bush, about the chilling new intelligence report on Iraq.

(b) Joe Biden, about his self-imploding prolixity.

(c) Condi Rice, on her ability to understand Peyton Manning’s vulnerabilities better than Nuri Kamal al-Malaki’s.

(d) Silvio Berlusconi, on his wife’s Junoesque lightning bolt after his public flirting.

(e) Jacques Chirac, after giving a Gallic shrug at the prospect of Iran getting un or deux nuclear weapons.

(f) Hillary Clinton, on enabling the president to invade Iraq.

(g) Barack Obama, for the ultimate sin of not being black enough or white enough.

(h) Mary Cheney, on her decision to work on her terrifying dad’s homophobic campaign because the thought of John Kerry was “terrifying.”

(i) Gavin Newsom, the mayor of San Francisco, about his affair with his campaign manager’s wife.

The answer is Gavin Newsom.

It’s rare to get a simple apology when a complex obfuscation will do.

Even after releasing parts of an intelligence report so pessimistic that it may as well have been titled “Iraq: We’re Cooked,” Bush officials clung to their alternate reality, using nonsensical logic and cherry-picking whatever phrases they could find in the report that they could use to sell the Surge.

In the 2004 National Intelligence Estimate, civil war was a worst-case scenario. In the 2007 one, Iraq has zoomed past civil war to hell: “The Intelligence Community judges that the term ‘civil war’ does not adequately capture the complexity of the conflict in Iraq, which includes extensive Shia-on-Shia violence, Al Qaeda and Sunni insurgent attacks on coalition forces, and widespread criminally motivated violence.”

As John McLaughlin, the former acting director of central intelligence, told The Times’s Mark Mazzetti: “Civil war is checkers. This is chess.”

Far from Dick Cheney’s claim of “enormous successes” and Gen. William Casey’s claim of “slow progress,” the report shows that any path the U.S. takes in Iraq could lead to a river of blood. It says that in the absence of any strong Sunni and Shiite leaders who can control their groups, prospects are dim for a cohesive government, much less a democracy.

If the violence gets worse, the report concludes, three sulfurous possibilities loom: chaos leading to partition, the emergence of a Shiite strongman or anarchy “mixing extreme ethnosectarian violence with debilitating intragroup clashes.”

So after four years of war, we get to choose between chaos, another Saddam or anarchy. Good work, W. And at such bargain prices; the administration is breaking the record for the military budget, asking for $100 billion for Iraq and Afghanistan this year and $145 billion more for 2008.

The White House thinks it can somehow spin the Iraq apocalypse so it sounds as if multiple wars are better than one civil war.

At a Pentagon briefing yesterday, Bob Gates rebuffed the idea of a civil war, saying: “I think that the words ‘civil war’ oversimplify a very complex situation in Iraq. I believe that there are essentially four wars going on in Iraq. One is Shia on Shia, principally in the south. The second is sectarian conflict, principally in Baghdad but not solely. Third is the insurgency, and fourth is Al Qaeda.”

That’s a relief, all right — we’re in four wars in Iraq and threatening another with Iran.

Stephen Hadley, the national security adviser, agreed that the term civil war is unacceptable: “We need to get across the complexities of the situation we face in Iraq ... and simple labels don’t do that.”

When General Casey testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday, he sounded as if he was talking about a completely different Iraq than the one limned in the intelligence report. “Today,” he said, “Iraqis are poised to assume responsibility for their own security by the end of 2007, still with some level of support from us.”

Compare that with the bleak tone of the report, which states that “the Iraqi Security Forces — particularly the Iraqi police — will be hard-pressed in the next 12 to 18 months to execute significantly increased security responsibilities, and particularly to operate independently against Shia militias with success.”

It’s official. We’re in a cycle of violence so complex and awful that withdrawing American troops will make it worse and keeping American troops there may also make it worse.

We can try or we can leave, but either way, it seems, we’re cooked.

http://welcome-to-pottersville.blogspot.com/2007/02/maureen-dowd-no-way-out.html
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 05:53:30 pm »

BUSH BUSTED, FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF ‘DWI’

http://satiricalpolitical.com/?p=588
waterboy
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 06:17:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Aox,

In this day that is a compliment. You might consider researching a little John Locke. Our country is founded upon his very liberal views espoused when it also was not a popular philosophy.

Can I be the next biggest?[Tongue]
iplaw
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 07:52:03 pm »

I've heard it all now...Dingus McGee, linkster extrodinare, is John Locke reincarnated.  The guy hasn't written 50 original words in the 1000+ posts he's made...[xx(]
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 10:59:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by iplaw

I've heard it all now...Dingus McGee, linkster extrodinare, is John Locke reincarnated.  The guy hasn't written 50 original words in the 1000+ posts he's made...[xx(]

It's not the quantity...There's far too much verbosity here without me getting into detail. And the links make it so you can attack or agree with the article or add something to it. Almost always I add my two cents which is all I need to do.

Hey, Ignore anus, I thought you had me on ignore. You're not one of those losers who has a terrible time with truth telling. Are you?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 02:19:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Aox,

In this day that is a compliment. You might consider researching a little John Locke. Our country is founded upon his very liberal views espoused when it also was not a popular philosophy.

Can I be the next biggest?[Tongue]

WB, okay next biggest if that is your preference. [Wink] You and I don't always agree and have had some heated exchanges, but at least you rely on your own reasoning and show more than a modicum of intelligence.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 02:35:44 pm »

I have no problem with relying on other's reasoning: "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. "
~e. e. cummings
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 12:52:13 pm »

http://www.internetweekly.org/2007/02/cartoon_gomer_bush_usmc.html

so sorry....can't let this thread slip away...
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 07:12:05 pm »

This man could do a better press conference than the decider did today....

http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt=070214&cat=news&st=newsd8n9m2vg0&src=ap

Hopefully, this sends O'Reilly and Rush over the edge. Comedian? Former SNL star? Future Senator Al?

Anyway, regardless of who ordered some Iranian devices our decider seems to be whipping it up with his sound bites over Iran attack. It's a dare to the democrats to do something. He does not seem to be doing what America wants him to do...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003545598
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 02:10:25 pm »

http://pmcarpenter.blogs.com/p_m_carpenters_commentary/2007/02/happy_valentine.html

"When we find devices that are in that country that are hurting our troops," continued Mr. Bush, "we're going to do something about it, pure and simple."

At that, my blood ran cold and the chill proceeded right up my spine, as it likely did among our helpless troops as well. Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to WWIII. "

and more from Bernstein: Bush administration's disinformation, misinformation 'something I have never witnessed before on this scale'

http://www.rawstory.com//news/2007/Bernstein_Bush_administrations_disinformation_misinformation_something_0214.html

"The Bush administration," Bernstein continues, "is a far different matter in which disinformation, misinformation and unwillingness to tell the truth -- a willingness to lie both in the Oval Office, in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, in the office of the vice president, the vice president himself -- is something that I have never witnessed before on this scale."

The press conference on St. Valentine's day was a sorry government affair to watch. The country continues to be soiled by this idiots folly...fodder for your cannon.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org