A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:24:05 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Ice Storm  (Read 10437 times)
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 12:10:02 pm »

They are also pathetic at burying lines. Once they did this 100 feet from my bedroom and said it would take a week to 10 days to complete. It took 3 months. Made me a little irritable trying to read, listen to music, watch TV, enjoy solitude with that drill bit vibrating through my house.

PSO is a pathetic corporate citizen.

I am a little concerned about our local news organizations and their overkill on this weather could put them on the list of worst companies. There was no HD feed on 6 yesterday due to their constant fear bcast. I got up to watch Meet the Depressed at 8 and 2 had pre empted it for what else? An hour of weather.
Watch, soon they will find ways to interupt your computer or handheld.

y karma sez my lectric goes out around 5.....
Steve
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 01:55:37 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by aoxamaxoa

I am a little concerned about our local news organizations and their overkill on this weather could put them on the list of worst companies. There was no HD feed on 6 yesterday due to their constant fear bcast. I got up to watch Meet the Depressed at 8 and 2 had pre empted it for what else? An hour of weather.
Watch, soon they will find ways to interupt your computer or handheld.

y karma sez my lectric goes out around 5.....

Me too.  I was wanting to watch CBS Sunday Morning as I always do, but guess what, it was local weather ad nauseum.  And they keep repeating the same things over and over, things we already know, with interviews and stories that give no really useful information.  I have to give them the benefit of the doubt in tornado season, or violent thunderstorm weather, but the local coverage for this storm has been way, WAY to much overkill.

I realize that the local Tulsa TV stations' coverage area is much more than the Tulsa metropolitan area, but this constant non-stop preempting to report the same thing over and over seems silly to me.  Unless there is some pending drastic change or real emergency, stick with network programming.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org