A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:20:19 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saddam killed by hanging  (Read 7546 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 11:33:45 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by rwarn17588

If Saddam was so bad, why did the U.S. prop him up early during his dictatorship?

If you're going to get mad at somebody about this, get mad at Reagan.

Check out who's shaking hands with Saddam. It's Donald Rumsfeld.

Now, where is Waterboy to tell me I'm re-writing history again by citing facts?

You just can't get over that I outed your propensity for revision and stretching facts to the extreme![Wink] Some believe that Reagan was already dealing with ME players during those few months before he took office. Why would you not consider that as relevant as a lame duck president having possible contact?

Simply for the fact that the election was in November and I believe the Iran/Iraq war started somewhere in Sept. of 1980, which would have been shortly after Reagan's GOP nomination.  One can only guess there would have been a run-up and planning even before Reagan was even nominated.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 11:44:03 am »

It's like a crazy sandwich, Altrisum on the left and Truth on the right......
tim huntzinger
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 12:29:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by altruismsuffers
This is exactly how Usama got his start.  The CIA was funding the "freedom Fighters", as dubbed by Reagan, by funneling money through Pakistans ISI.  

That is exactly wrong.  The ISI had their own operation which financed Islamist movements; what would later become al-qaida was financed by Arab sheiks.  The CIA's chief ally was the Northern Alliance under Masood (whome Osama killed on 9/10/01, btw).

The chief blowback was the CIA's attempt to recover thousands of Stinger missiles.
perspicuity85
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2007, 12:24:53 am »

If you haven't heard of it, look into reading Bob Woodward's State of Denial.  It's Woodward's third book about the Bush Jr. administration, and really exposes the arrogant decision making process of Cheney and Rumsfeld.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2007, 12:28:36 pm »

This Dylan prose comes to mind:
They're selling postcards of the hanging

They're painting the passports brown

The beauty parlor is filled with sailors

The circus is in town

Here comes the blind commissioner

They've got him in a trance

One hand is tied to the tight-rope walker

The other is in his pants

And the riot squad they're restless

They need somewhere to go

As Lady and I look out tonight

From Desolation Row
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org