A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:01:50 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $500 million Grand Lake Resort  (Read 5689 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: January 06, 2007, 10:16:40 am »

Former TV Guide president Pete Boylan is behind this project.

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=5889177

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:10:47 am »

That would be a great addition most anywhere.  But gosh I would love to see something like that closer, like on lake Skiatook.  Grand lake just doesn't appeal to me at all.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:21:52 pm »

Let's see, Pete escaped a federal charge. Hmmmm, the devil could be hiding in the details.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 07:55:47 pm »

Come on all you hard core republican fiscal conservatives. This plan is very similar to the Great Plains financing and debacle. The taxpayers will lose if it turns out bad.

Besides, Mr. Boylan seemed pretty ballsy putting the cart before the horse with the government help quotes. Seems like Chicago tactics. Leverage the government into action or else blame it for failing due to the lack of tax credits. He expects the state, you, to subsidize his development. Government, send Pete a message to not be too greedy. Surely, he could find other means of financing.
I bet it would be tough attracting more partners knowing past allegations.

Did Brad Henry deny this request once before? He should put a stop to welfare for the rich.

aoxamaxoa
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 10:09:50 pm »

I heard the first 8 floors will have no visibility of the lake due to new condos being developed closer to the shoreline...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org