A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:15 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fantastic Tulsa Films" on OETA?  (Read 5863 times)
OKC_Shane
Civic Leader

« on: January 03, 2007, 04:05:23 pm »

Did anyone watch "Fantastic Tulsa Films" last night on OETA? I was glued to the TV the whole hour. It was really great stuff! Showed all of the parades that the city used to have and how everyone would come line the streets, talked about the movie "Tulsa" that premiered downtown and drew pretty much the whole city down for the parade, the old sports venues, trolleys, shopping days, and even color footage of all the neon signs that were popular downtown. It was a really great show, and they talked about the possibility of more, so I hope we do see more.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 04:47:25 pm »

Channel 6 has aired it several times over the last couple of weeks.   It's also available (still?) on DVD at Arvest bank branches.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 05:07:47 pm »

Also available at Quik Trip and Steve's Bookstore.  (Steve's carries just about anything related to Tulsa/Tulsa history, including more obscure books that you probably won't find elsewhere.)
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 07:37:56 pm »

I haven't bought the 2nd one yet but I am watching the first right now. Very depressing to see how much has been torn down downtown. I would have killed to see those old theaters. [Sad]

booWorld
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:13:17 pm »

Jack Frank does an excellent job in assembling and editing these old film clips.  While it is sad to see how much Tulsa has lost, I try to keep in mind that these images were taken not so long ago.  Tulsa is a relatively young city, and we a chance to create a great urban core once again if we choose.

I'm glad Jack Frank Productions decided to make the films available on DVD.  I love the ability to pause the movies and explore detail of the downtown street scenes frame by frame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org