A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2018, 11:51:30 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Village at Woodland Hills  (Read 3563 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 16022


Inconceivable!


WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 02:44:20 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Anyway you slice it guys, a $1 movie house spells lower class for a shopping center.



Yeah, but considering it was never filled out, never looked great, and is parked behind a giant empty building... the class wasn't high to begin with.
Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 6616



WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 06:36:43 pm »

I agree that grading the parking lot or just moving the development closer to Memorial for more visibility would have made a big difference. You often don't even know whats back there. Having half or 2/3rds the parking in front, the rest for overflow in back, would have been wise.  Better IMO to have the problem of an over full parking lot than an under full one.
Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 16022


Inconceivable!


WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 09:57:09 am »

Just an update, the shopping center is probably 100% complete of it's new facade and other effects. Landscaping and new lighting are being done including what appears to be (just for patric) FULL CUTOFF LIGHTING.

Gold's gym required a thorough gutting and removal of the majority of the walls. Contsruction is happening now and new walls are going in.

Overall, the redesign seems to have "unhidden" the shopping center.


Across the street, steak-and-ale became a strip center with one tenant, Lasiks Plus.
Logged
spoonbill
Guest
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 10:04:53 am »

quote:
Originally posted by aoxamaxoa

This project made one monumental mistake from the get go....the engineer was told to save money on the development so the grading was marginalized causing the center to be hidden behind the parking lot. A major error to save a few bucks. The lack of frontage on Memorial deterred major retailers from locating here as visibility became an issue. That fact and the timing (1984?) made this a second rate development. The RTC took it over by the late 80's as the owner never made a single payment on the debt leaving the taxpayer as the loser.

I think Mervyn's may become a big gym but it falls outside this development.

Yes, I am always amazed at how architects pull out their crayons to paint a picture that is not true. Like the river projects that do not show the refineries or the tank yards. The facades of the Village will be raised some 14 feet to increase frontage visibility and that still will not help. Spaces have been there 22 years and have never been occupied.





You are exactly correct!  100%

The only way they could save this center is with a powerful anchor that brings people past the parking lot.  Currently there is no draw.  The center seems like an afterthought.

Very very poor understanding of retail planning.

The remodel will go unnoticed.

Logged
inteller
Guest
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 10:15:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Just an update, the shopping center is probably 100% complete of it's new facade and other effects. Landscaping and new lighting are being done including what appears to be (just for patric) FULL CUTOFF LIGHTING.

Gold's gym required a thorough gutting and removal of the majority of the walls. Contsruction is happening now and new walls are going in.

Overall, the redesign seems to have "unhidden" the shopping center.


Across the street, steak-and-ale became a strip center with one tenant, Lasiks Plus.



steak and ale?  What steak and ale?  There hasn't been a steak and ale there in this century.  I suspect the lasiks plus joint has some relation to Zoellner.

and I disagree that this remodel is going unnoticed.  In fact, I have visted The Village more in the last few months than I ever have.  They have a really good mix of places in there.  I think the one sore thumb that needs to be removed though is Pep Boys.  Because if that joint you can't really see what is behind there.

Oh, but the Ruby Tuesdays sucks....and I mean sucks big.  Worst service in Tulsa, no contest.
Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 16022


Inconceivable!


WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 10:29:44 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Just an update, the shopping center is probably 100% complete of it's new facade and other effects. Landscaping and new lighting are being done including what appears to be (just for patric) FULL CUTOFF LIGHTING.

Gold's gym required a thorough gutting and removal of the majority of the walls. Contsruction is happening now and new walls are going in.

Overall, the redesign seems to have "unhidden" the shopping center.


Across the street, steak-and-ale became a strip center with one tenant, Lasiks Plus.



steak and ale?  What steak and ale?  There hasn't been a steak and ale there in this century.  I suspect the lasiks plus joint has some relation to Zoellner.

and I disagree that this remodel is going unnoticed.  In fact, I have visted The Village more in the last few months than I ever have.  They have a really good mix of places in there.  I think the one sore thumb that needs to be removed though is Pep Boys.  Because if that joint you can't really see what is behind there.

Oh, but the Ruby Tuesdays sucks....and I mean sucks big.  Worst service in Tulsa, no contest.



Steak and Ale became Coaches and then Okie Dokies and a half dozen other things in between.

The other RT sucked so bad I didn't try this one.

Logged
inteller
Guest
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 11:31:32 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Just an update, the shopping center is probably 100% complete of it's new facade and other effects. Landscaping and new lighting are being done including what appears to be (just for patric) FULL CUTOFF LIGHTING.

Gold's gym required a thorough gutting and removal of the majority of the walls. Contsruction is happening now and new walls are going in.

Overall, the redesign seems to have "unhidden" the shopping center.


Across the street, steak-and-ale became a strip center with one tenant, Lasiks Plus.



steak and ale?  What steak and ale?  There hasn't been a steak and ale there in this century.  I suspect the lasiks plus joint has some relation to Zoellner.

and I disagree that this remodel is going unnoticed.  In fact, I have visted The Village more in the last few months than I ever have.  They have a really good mix of places in there.  I think the one sore thumb that needs to be removed though is Pep Boys.  Because if that joint you can't really see what is behind there.

Oh, but the Ruby Tuesdays sucks....and I mean sucks big.  Worst service in Tulsa, no contest.



Steak and Ale became Coaches and then Okie Dokies and a half dozen other things in between.

The other RT sucked so bad I didn't try this one.





what is bizarro is I've never been in a ruby tuesdays that had such an up scale decor.  Most of the RT I have been to reminded me of chile's or applebees.  I think they went over the top for what really is just a burger joint.
Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 16022


Inconceivable!


WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 11:57:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller


what is bizarro is I've never been in a ruby tuesdays that had such an up scale decor.  Most of the RT I have been to reminded me of chile's or applebees.  I think they went over the top for what really is just a burger joint.



It was in an article awhile back that the store sin Tulsa are testing a more upscale version to break that mold. They also offer some food options the others don't offer.
Logged
Ibanez
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1212



« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 01:45:11 pm »

I have been to Ruby Tuesday's in three different states...they all sucked. That is one chain that needs to die.
Logged
inteller
Guest
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 01:57:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by inteller


what is bizarro is I've never been in a ruby tuesdays that had such an up scale decor.  Most of the RT I have been to reminded me of chile's or applebees.  I think they went over the top for what really is just a burger joint.



It was in an article awhile back that the store sin Tulsa are testing a more upscale version to break that mold. They also offer some food options the others don't offer.




hahaha, they need to stop.  They look stupid for trying.  or at the least, go upscale with their staff instead of the recent McDonald's graduates they have now.
Logged
TeeDub
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1324


WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 01:18:40 pm »


Ruby Tuesday's isn't bad...   But how many $8 hamburger joints can one town support?
Logged

 
TeeDub
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1324


WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 01:29:53 pm »


Ruby Tuesday's isn't bad...   But how many $8 hamburger joints can one town support?
Logged

 
inteller
Guest
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 01:53:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TeeDub


 But how many $8 hamburger joints can one town support?



I stopped at Red Robin.  Especially when Cheddar's is right up the street and can do a burger for around $5.

Oh and the burger at RT was the worst I have EVER had.  The bun was falling apart it was so dry.
Logged
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 348


WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 05:49:31 pm »

Went to the Comedy Club there a few weeks ago.  Better than expected.
Logged

 
inteller
Guest
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 08:41:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by CoffeeBean

Went to the Comedy Club there a few weeks ago.  Better than expected.



And the Bali Fusion Cafe has the best Beef Rendang in town.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

 
  Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
 

Mission

 

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

 

Contact

 

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org