A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:00:07 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffalo Wild Wings in Broken Arrow opening  (Read 7296 times)
Pianoman
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:08:17 pm »

Broken Arrow boasts a fresh destination for welcoming the new year Dec. 31.

Buffalo Wild Wings, 1151 N. 20th St., features nine big-screen televisions and 44 27-inch units "for full-on sports viewing to go along with the tantalizing aroma of 14 signature sauces," according to general manager Eric Kaplinski.

Training began Dec. 26, and dozens of employees were learning the ropes Thursday afternoon.

Buffalo Wild Wings is still hiring, Kaplinski said.
"We'll have between 80 and 100 employees to start off. Those interested can call the store at 286-3555 or come in and fill out an application."

Kaplinski previously worked at the restaurant's Stillwater location.

"I found out in October I would be managing the BA store. Managers actually get to help build so we will take some ownership in the projects," he explained.

Oklahoma franchisee Steve Howard also operates Buffalo Wild Wings in Moore and Edmond.

"When this store is finished," Kaplinski said, "Steve is going back to the Oklahoma City area to build along I-44 and will eventually return to the Tulsa area. He's a busy man."
According to company information, Buffalo Wild Wings is one of the top 10 fastest growing restaurant chains in the country.

"Our concept is more than just a New York-style wing joint," Kaplinski added.

"We are a sports grill and bar, complete with a full menu featuring everything from salads to appetizers to burgers, and a variety of specialty items."

The enclosed bar area is nearly as large as the main dining room, and total seating capacity approaches 400.

"Steve planned ahead to comply with Oklahoma restaurant smoking regulations, said Kaplinski.

"The bar is atmospherically sealed off to prevent smoke from entering the main area.

"It costs extra to provide the specialized mechanics, but it pays off in the long run because many people prefer to smoke during a bar visit."

Buffalo Wild Wings was founded in 1982.

With corporate offices in Minneapolis, Minn. the chain has expanded to 400 restaurants across 30 states.
Pianoman
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 02:09:41 am »

I ate at BWW tonight and it was GREAT!!! Go check this place out! Smiley  The Park at Adam's Creek in Broken Arrow,  just off the BA Expressway on 71st Street (Kenosha).
brad74
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 11:15:29 pm »

It's great to finally have a Buffalo Wild Wings in the Tulsa area! My wife and I have been there three times. Wings, trivia, sports...what's not to love.

I talked to the manager a few weeks ago and he said they are planning to open at least two to three more BWW's in the next year...one in Tulsa, one in Owasso and another perhaps somewhere in south Tulsa.
mdunn
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 11:44:55 pm »

Just another chain restaurant same as everywhere else in america.All cities look the same now,I am for bringing back the old mom and pop diners,to hell with these chains.The food and menus are all the same in these places.
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 01:08:28 am »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm SPICY GARLIC ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Pianoman
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 03:20:24 pm »

Atmosphere main draw for Buffalo Wild Wings
By Michael Swisher
03/09/2007

Buffalo Wild Wings prides itself on being the ultimate destination to catch a sporting event on TV. To put one of Broken Arrow's newest establishments to the test, I paid them a lunchtime visit during college basketball conference tournament week, namely the Big XII. Finding the games was not a problem. Wild Wings features 46 televisions in all:21, including four big screens in the non-smoking area, and 25 (six big screens) more in the smoking/bar area. It subscribes to every major sporting event.

During my visit, both the mens' and womens' Big XII tournaments were being televised as well as the Big East. On top of that, Wild Wings also features interactive poker and trivia.

"Those are some of our biggest draws,"?said Chris Potts, assistant manager.

As the name suggests, the establishment specializes in buffalo wings, but that's not all the menu offers. There are burgers, ribs, chicken sandwiches, wraps and a host of appetizers. But wings are its thing, including 14 sauces that range, in their words, "from smilin' to sizzlin' to screamin'."

I had one of the lunch specials, served Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. It included eight boneless wings, fries and drink.

Not including a tip, I was out of there for just more than $8.

"We want to give people some nightlife on this side of town," Potts said. "But we also want to give them a good place to eat that's not real expensive."

Wild Wings also offers a full-service bar that includes 20 beers on tap with beer and shot specials weekly and monthly.
I dined on mild boneless wings and the "Buffalo Chips" with a Cajun seasoning. The flavor - or should I say temperature - were just right for me. No fire extinguisher needed. However, it's the atmosphere, not necessarily the food, that draws you to

Buffalo Wild Wings, open 11 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. seven days a week.

That atmosphere - namely other avid sports fans - will keep me going back.
Porky
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 08:03:30 pm »

I enjoy going there now and then but to be honest, Wings To Go is much better in BA to have lunch at.

But for a Brewski and Sports, Buffalo Wilds Wings is awesome but bring more than a twenty. [Smiley]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org