A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:11:18 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Predictions  (Read 9385 times)
aoxamaxoa
« on: December 26, 2006, 03:09:01 pm »

Care to make a guess?

I will save mine for later. I don't like getting slammed immediately.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 03:48:14 pm »

I predict Vice President Dick Cheney will resign for health reasons to allow President Bush to bring on a succession candidate.

Power is nothing till you use it.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 10:31:26 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

I predict Vice President Dick Cheney will resign for health reasons to allow President Bush to bring on a succession candidate.

Hope so. Then we can go for impeachment. Vice Rice then Chief Condi....

I predict $2.90 gasoline at the expense of our local fresh air.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 10:42:53 pm »

I don't support impeaching bush for the same reason I'm glad the first bush stayed in office. The VP is worse. I think it's a new technique.. hire the worst VP you can find, then no-one will impeach you. That is where clinton screwed up, Gore was a decent person.
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 10:55:04 pm »

Was? Watch his movie. Back him to get re- elected. Especially if you fear Hilleary.....

I predict a draft Al campaign gets rolling by May....
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 07:01:36 am »

Gore lost some cred during the recount debacle. Obama is stronger now.
MichaelC
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 08:53:20 am »

Arkansas will be sucked down the Mississippi, and fall off into the Gulf of Mexico.  Refugees inexplicably emerge in Kentucky.

Hometown
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 12:52:34 pm »

John Edwards will emerge as the Democrats' front runner after folks get to know Obama and Clinton stumbles.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 02:53:54 pm »

Republicans will nominate a pineapple for the presidency, sensing any money spent on a human candidate would be fruitless.
Kiah
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 03:47:01 pm »

The increasingly illusory national 'economy' of cheap oil, staggering debt, and imagined home equity will continue to dissipate.

Merry Christmas.

ky
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 07:49:06 am »

[^]I think Hillary Clinton is going to win the election and then divorce Bill and marry Dick Chaney because you know he's probally going to die before to long and then she will get his life insurance . Ha Ha ya Right!!!!
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 12:31:32 am »

http://www.jibjab.com/nuckin_futs

Jib Jab.....
aoxamaxoa
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 08:43:34 am »

The Office Pool, 2007 By WILLIAM SAFIRE
Published: December 29, 2006
Washington
OPTIMISTIC predictions took a beating in 2006 (except for the stock market), but today — in my 33rd annual office pool in this space — is my chance to recoup. In these multiple choices, pick one, all or none.

1. The “O’Connorless Supreme Court” will decide

(a) without reversing Roe v. Wade to uphold laws restricting late-term abortion because they do not impose an “undue burden” on women

(b) that public schools in Seattle and Louisville, in their zeal to prevent re-segregation, have gone too far in using race in selection of students

(c) to reject Massachusetts’ case to force the Environmental Protection Agency to raise auto emissions standards, holding that “global warming” gives the state no standing to sue without new law

2. Dow Jones industrials will

(a) reflect 4 percent economic growth to rise in 2007 to close above 14,000

(b) fall out of bed to 10,000 in what the Republicans will claim is the Democratic recession

(c) soar to 15,000 before ending the year around 14,000

(d) change from a boring numerical index to lively prose opinions in the with-it Wall Street Journal

3. Bipartisan achievement of 110th Congress and Bush White House will be

(a) blue-ribbon Social Security panel providing cover to raise retirement age to 70 for those now under 50

(b) passage of Leahy-Pence shield law permitting whistleblowers to expose corruption to reporters without fear of being ratted out by runaway prosecutors

(c) immigration reform allowing earned citizenship of current illegals and installing 1,700-mile fence named after the nativist Millard Fillmore

(d) substantial minimum-wage increase with reduction but not elimination of “death tax”

4. Congress will override Bush veto of

(a) federal support of stem-cell research

(b) federal negotiation of drug prices

5. The word most often heard in 110th Congress will be

(a) sellout

(b) compromise

(c) subpoena

(d) civility

(e) payback

6. The Oscar for best picture in a year of great pictures will go to

(a) Martin Scorsese’s “Departed”

(b) Paul Greengrass’s “United 93”

(c) Clint Eastwood’s “Letters From Iwo Jima”

(d) Stephen Frears’s “Queen”

(e) Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris’s “Little Miss Sunshine”

7. The level of American troops in Iraq at year’s end will be

(a) over 100,000, down from surged 160,000

(b) under 100,000, down from today’s unsurged 140,000

(c) under 80,000 with announced timetable for downsizing in 2008 to 40,000 in secure Iraqi Kurdistan

8. Iraq will be

(a) in full-scale civil war

(b) on the road to shaky democracy with insurgency weakening

(c) split three ways with Kirkuk as capital of Kurdistan

9. Iran at year’s end will be

(a) more intransigent than ever and on the way to matching North Korea’s nuclear weapon

(b) more reasonable after plunge in oil income, anti-terrorism boycott, labor-student unrest and global sanctions

(c) red-faced at double cross from Arab Iraqi Shiites

10. Publishing sleeper-seller will be

(a) “Sacred Games” by Vikram Chandra, a gangster novel like an Indian “Godfather”

(b) Jim Lehrer’s novel “The Phony Marine”

and in non-fiction

(c) “Spy Wars: Moles, Mysteries and Deadly Games,” by a retired spook, Tennent Bagley, which refutes C.I.A. groupthink about the molehunter James Angleton being paranoid

(d) “Father’s Day,” by Buzz Bissinger, about his twin sons, one exceptional and the other damaged

11. Internal party struggle will be

(a) John Edwards’s labor-appealing protectionism versus Hillary Clinton’s championing of Nafta-style free trade

(b) John McCain as pro-life versus Rudy Giuliani as pro-choice

(c) cognitive dissonance of anti-bias liberals at bias toward a conservative Mormon candidate

12. Scientific news will be in

(a) neuro-circuitry

(b) deep brain stimulation in treating depression

(c) sequencing the genome of higher apes in studying evolution

(d) vaccine approaches to treatment of Alzheimer’s as well as eradication of malaria

(e) gene duplication to detect mental illness

(f) commercial hype about cranial calisthenics

13. Year-end polls of likely primary voters will have in the lead among Democrats

(a) Clinton

(b) Obama

(c) Edwards

(d) Gore

(e) Richardson-Biden-Dodd-Dean

and among Republicans

(a) McCain

(b) Romney

(c) Giuliani

(d) Gingrich-Rice-Brownback-Hagel

14. Time and chance will happeneth to all predictions if

(a) McCain scampily blows his stack

(b) Clinton freezes over

(c) Romney is brainwashed

(d) Obama loses his cool over press interest in “Rezkogate”

15. Key factor in swing-voter choice of next president will be

(a) experience

(b) freshness

(c) character

(d) name recognition

(e) seizure of health-care issue

(f) Internet organization

My picks are: 1 (all) 2 (c) 3 (b) 4 (both) 5 (c) 6 (d) 7 (a) 8 (b) 9 (b) 10 (c) 11 (a) 12 (all) 13 (a), (a) 14 (all) 15 (c)

William Safire, a former Times Op-Ed columnist, is the chairman of the Dana Foundation.
USRufnex
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 01:42:32 pm »

I predict the Tulsa World/PJ Lassek will announce sometime in 2007 that Global Development Partners has attracted investment in the East End by none other than Shearson Lehman Brothers (or some other big out-of-state investment firm).... this update will be prominently featured on the front-page, despite the fact that TW will have sat on this story for weeks/months and by the time it gets reported, it'll be old news... watch for the story's politically opportunistic timing... [:O]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 02:55:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Republicans will nominate a pineapple for the presidency, sensing any money spent on a human candidate would be fruitless.

Was this too punny?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org